Paying Renta Tax Bill in Cash at the bank

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Paying Renta Tax Bill in Cash at the bank

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue May 28, 2019 2:55 pm

So I think I have resolved it...hopefully this info will help other.

I originally submitted my Modelo 100 as pay in cash. So the system produced my Modelo 100 and records in the system that I will pay in cash. I then decided to pay from bank account. I went in to try to modify my Modelo 100...so you press modify etc and the Modelo 100 opens again then you try to submit it and what a surprise...the system will not let you re-submit as you already have an existing 'duplicate' Modelo 100.

So then I tried via the payment page (using Digital Cert as identity). For my own return in my own name with own bank account. No problem, receipt pops out with NRC (the receipt number) and the money debited from bank account almost immediately.

I then tried to pay wife's. The short story is you log in as yourself i.e the owner of the bank account(Digital Cert for identity) then proceed to pay. There is a box for the NIF/DNI of Contributent. I put wife's NIE there and first 4 letter of her surname. Payment processed. NRC received, receipt with wife's full name (system cross checked the name as I never input her full name) and the money debited from bank account almost immediately.

I had tried logging in using her Digital Cert and inputting my bank account but system said no.
Option 1 just put in bank account number. System immediately bounced back and said the bank does not recognise the names matching (Digital Cert did not match Bank account owner).
Option 2 Tick box saying wife has power over the bank account number. System immediately bounced back and said the bank does not recognise the right of wife to use bank account (Digital Cert did not match Bank account permissions).

So in short yes you can use someone else's bank account to pay as long as the Bank account holder has a digital cert and logs in to make the payment on Hacienda Website