Accessing IBI bills online

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Accessing IBI bills online

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:52 am

I know I gave instructions on this years ago, but following my own instructions is getting me nowhere !

The web page doesn't ask me for all the details I thought I had to enter, and with what I can enter, it just comes back with 'nothing there'.
I need to get this year's, as I don't think there is enough in my Spanish bank account to cover it, but I need to know how much the bill is.
Help !!!
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Accessing IBI bills online

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:00 pm

CovetaBob
Tourist

Banking in Spain

Postby CovetaBob » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Would you know if you are a non resident, home owner in Spain, is it a legal requirement to have a bank account.
The reason I ask is I have banked with Banco Sabadell for the last 14 years, in March this year my wife and I went into the branch with a BS advertisement where they were advertising "The basic Payment Account" 36 euros for 120 transaction per annum. We were refused, but promised free banking for a year, note our surprise a few months later we had a quarterly bill for fees and commision. We have tried two more times to join this account but still no joy. We only have an account, to pay utility bills, I was thinking why have a Spanish bank account. I have a Suma online digital certificate, where they notify me and I can pay IBI, cartax, rubbish collection online using a UK credit card, these are only once a year. iberdrola (electricity) now have an app where I can pay by credit card, same with water bill, that only leaves our internet/phone provider which I will email.
We bank with Nationwide in the UK, when we use credit or debit card there are no fees,and we get the business rate of the day. Having no bank in spain would also stop us having to prove every two years we are "Non Resident" at acost of approximately 100 euros. BS are now charging us 37.20 a quarter. Would welcome some input.
Coveta Bob

CovetaBob
Tourist

Postby CovetaBob » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Although I love the web site, and read it for information, I live on the other side of Spain, on the Costa Blanca. I don't know if it's different here, we pay our IBI and other taxes to our local Suma office in El Campello they are brilliant, have a look at their website. You can pay in any number of ways online with a Clave or a digital certificate, which you pick up from the Suma office, you only need your nie/nif and passport. You can also ring up from the UK or Spain and pay with your credit or debit card. You can also pay in person at the office but that is time consuming.
If you Type in El Campello Suma Office, they will tell you how to download the certificate, and the procedure for online payment all in English.
I only hope it is the same where you live if its not I am sorry.

Coveta Bob

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:32 pm

Beachcomber - It just asks for the matricula, area & NIE and then gives me "Existe/n recibo/s pendiente/s de pago referente/s a los datos introducidos." I'm sure that previously it also asked for Cargo & something else that I can't remember offhand. I'm using my late husband's NIE as that is what is registered and has always worked in the past. I don't have a digital sig or a Clave, but that shouldn't make any difference with this.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:34 pm

OK, sorry, must have had a senior moment - didn't spot the "ver recibos" ! Got it now :oops: