Tax Form Modelo 210

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
mackle47
Tourist

Tax Form Modelo 210

Postby mackle47 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to help a Newbie!
I need to complete a form 210 each for my wife and I. We are non residents of Spain but own a property. We do not rent it and we have a bank account in Spain. The past couple of years we have used a Gestor but their fees are increasing each year and if it is not too difficult I would like to have a go at it myself. The problem is I don't speak Spanish enough to confidently complete it. Is there anywhere online where I can complete it in English? Or are there instructions in English? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tax Form Modelo 210

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi,
Read through the FAQ on Non-Resident Form 210.

The Form can be had in English.........its a Breeze now they have sorted the "Browser" problems out.

All the info is in the FAQ........... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Please have a look at these threads:

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 42&t=27897

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 22&t=31081

and if you find that there is something which is not covered please ask again.

(Posted same time as Enrique)
Let's go Brandon!

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks to you both. I have found the form in English and presumably it will be ok if I take the information from my last year's form? The online form is slightly different in as much as it asks me to "Choose The Type Of Tax Return" and I have no idea what I put here! Any ideas please?

[

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Sorry guys, just found it!

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Another question please Beachcomber. Reading through your link under heading
'Determination of the taxable base amount', Number 21 - (If you are submitting late returns for 2011 this will be 24,00). My return is annual and don't believe it is late for submitting 2012 is it? Bit confusing this!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:38 pm

No, if you are declaring for 2012 you have until 31st December this year to do so. I really don't know how to make it any clearer that if you are submitting a late return for 2011 the tax is 24%.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi,
You're ok for 2012..............up to 31 December this year..........so 24.75%

Best to do your own calculations as the Gestor may have got it wrong.....ours did.

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 pm

So basically the Spanish Government have increased the tax amount this year! We don't mind paying our taxes but feel, like many, this one should not apply to non residents who do not rent out their property and get an income! It's a great way for Spain to get them out of their financial crisis!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Non-residents have been taxed in one way or another since the late 1970s. Initially by patrimonio then by patrimonio and imputed income tax and latterly just by imputed income tax.

Residents (both Spanish and foreign) pay imputed income tax on their second properties so there seems no reason not to tax non-residents in the same way. It is something that should have been pointed out to you when you purchased giving you the opportunity to make the decision not to purchase in Spain if you didn't like the tax regime.
Let's go Brandon!

DENNIS27

Postby DENNIS27 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:13 pm

I am looking for some help completing my wife and my own Modelo 210 and hope someone can help.

Firstly, I am not sure if I should use the Valor Castral value which is used for IBI, I do not know when this was valued, or my purchase price which is higher?

Secondly, if I want to pay from my UK bank account it seems a simple matter of clicking "Deposit through a financial organisation based abroad" and entering my UK Bank Swift/BIC code and the IBAN reference. No problem there. The question is do the Spainish Tax Authority "collect" the payment or do I have to ask my UK Bank to do a "transfer". If the latter how do I do this?

Thirdly, I had no problem completing / submitting my form. When it came do my wife all went well but when I submitted it I got the following error:
RECHAZADA POR ERROR DE IDENTIF. DEL TITULAR. NO IDENTIFICADO.
This seems to suggest that the "system" does not recognise her NIF. I have done the submission to obtain an identification code but this says the details are already being used so clearly they have my wife on their record. What can I do to check this out further to allow me to complete her form?

I will not be travelling to Spain until the new year.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dennis27

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi DENNIS27,

Welcome to The Forum.................... :D

1) use IBI Valor Castral

2) Beachcomber my have some other test to see if your wife is in the system .
Is this the first time you have submitted the Form 210 :?:

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Hello again :) Well I have printed off both my form and my wife's. It is in English as my browser translates everything. Will this be a problem when I take it to a non-English speaking bank to pay? I have also in error only saved on of our forms :roll: Is there any way to locate the unsaved document if I have it's reference number? Any help greatly appreciated.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:04 pm

The PDF language corresponds to the version of the formula which you completed.

The formula will be saved automatically but not the PDF. It will be recorded on the AEAT web site once you have paid but you will need a digital signature to access it. You could generate another PDF but it will have a different serial number. The only other solution is to scan it back into your computer.

Saving the PDF is not really necessary because, when you pay, pages 1 and 2 will be returned to you either stamped or digitally validated by the bank.
Let's go Brandon!

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks Beachcomber, so do you think it ok to take the English version to our Spanish bank for payment?Or should I just do them both again but disable translate?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:01 pm

It is not the translator that determines the language of the PDF it depends on which version of the form you use.

If you want the instructions in Spanish for the bank you could just print out pages 7 and 8 of this PDF:

http://www.aeat.es/static_files/AEAT/Co ... putada.pdf
Let's go Brandon!

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Packed the instructions in Spanish, so fingers crossed the forms will be accepted by our bank. Thanks again for all your help :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi mackle47,
Shouldn't be a big deal these days, I'm out in the sticks and the local bank has no trouble with the Form 210 in English......even when they say " you're the first one we have seen this year"

DavidF
Tourist

Postby DavidF » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi all,

New to this forum, but read this thread couple of days ago because I was having problems with the new online 210 tax submission that I found at

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=ES

Made all entries as per my interpretation to English of the instructions, but when I Submitted for validation and to Print the PDS, I get the a message

Errores detectados:

EN ESTOS MOMENTOS SU PETICION NO PUEDE SER ATENDIDA, CODIGO DE ERROR:0201

I have no idea what's wrong.

In desperation, today, I completed the old 2 set, 7 page, orange 210 for my wife and I and went to the bank, going to plead ignorance concerning the new form.

I was pleasantly surprised when the just accepted the old forms, made entries in their computer, took the money from my account and stamped the 210 as paid.

That's sussed for another year. perhaps I will find out the problem with the online system before next year, or I'll try the same ploy again.

Regards

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:35 am

Hi DavidF,
Welcome to The Forum................. :D

The end justifies the means.............good that you got to the payment bit.
Now you are on a high and relaxed have a play with the online Form 210.

Using the LINK from FAQ's it comes up in English.........Programs I used for this test..IE11 on Windows 7 SP1

Input your data ,save using the tab at top of the form "Optional:Save file" and Validate.....it will generate the Form ready for taking to the bank.

So next year you can import file data and change the date and any other bits they may have change ie the Tax rate.