Cannabis: legal or not?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cannabis: legal or not?

Postby katy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:34 pm

This is going well innit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do we have to choose between someone stoned out of their brains and an alcoholic. I despise both. Thankfully I don't mix with both, expats or not.

GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GerryFelch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:56 pm

[/quote]Johnr
I think you've learnt one lesson. Spain has a lot of idiotic 'ex-pats' who have no knowledge on anything apart from what they read in the Daily Mail or learn from their mates at the golf club.
[/quote]

Come on thats a bit below the belt picking on golfers as well....shame on you :mrgreen:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:03 pm

This is not an admission I would normally make on a public forum, however, I have used dope off and on for many years although I haven't used it for the last couple of years, basically because of the lack of (free) availability, but I can take it or leave it, it does though give one (me anyway) a very soft gentle buzz !
When i was younger I experimented with most of the trendy drugs, l s d, dexy's (remember the midnight runners ) well that's where the band got it's name from!
I never tried heroin because unless you use pharmaceutical quality stuff then you're heading for a wooden box !
I've never been addicted to anything but I do believe that alcohol is far more dangerous than anything else out there, except Crack, chrystal meth and *beep* like that, there that's my confession, now haw many hail mary's do I get ?

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:54 pm

This is the first thread I've really enjoyed in a long time, and it's confirmed my long term thoughts of Katy, and a few others.

Sampson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sampson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Agreed. Life is about living and making your own judgements - not repeating parrot fashion what the Daly Mail or the government of the day decides what they want you to do, or not do.

They've made U turns on countless subjects and they may do on cannabis in time, but it'll never be high on their list of priorities, unless they can see it as a "nice little earner" tax wise!

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:08 pm

2 pages and zero correct answers, good job. :thumbup:

No it is not legal. Personal use is decriminalized, and you can apply for a legal permit to grow your own plants by joining a club. The legality here is very "pseudo" and you can certainly get fined even if you are in a club because the legality is decided on a local basis.

WoodlandHills
Tourist

Postby WoodlandHills » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Sampson wrote:Agreed. Life is about living and making your own judgements - not repeating parrot fashion what the Daly Mail or the government of the day decides what they want you to do, or not do.

They've made U turns on countless subjects and they may do on cannabis in time, but it'll never be high on their list of priorities, unless they can see it as a "nice little earner" tax wise!
FWIW, tax revenue was the big selling point for total legalization in Colorado and Washington states. It was couched in moral terms but really a lot of people voted for it because of the new revenue source. People thought the added income would put off more direct tax rises and so far they seem to be correct.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 am

I am guessing it must be legal given the number of grow shops that have opened up.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:59 am

No it isn't, it is only legal in one country in the world (Uruguay):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_ ... by_country

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:56 am

Been following this thread with interest. Shame that a serious discussion has to be marred by some utterly ridiculous comments.

This information was posted via facebook today essentially saying that growing for personal use will be decriminalized from 1st July. I already thought it was but this hopefully clarifies the legal situation.

http://www.spainbuddy.com/cannabis-cult ... -in-spain/

Gotta go and water my plants now........
Regards

Bob

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Flexo wrote:No it isn't, it is only legal in one country in the world (Uruguay):

Decriminalised in Spain from 1st July.
Dave

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:28 pm

A few years ago after a bad storm loads of soil was washed into our neighbours garden from the olive groves. We helped him clear the soil, filling his and our raised beds. He had cannabis grow, we had pumpkin from seeds in the soil . Our friends two Spanish neighbours grow loads of cannabis in their back gardens , they sell it down on the coast, make thousands they told our friends.
For the record. .. Not all expats are drinkers, I always say we are a bad example, neither of us are drinkers!

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Mowser wrote:
Flexo wrote:No it isn't, it is only legal in one country in the world (Uruguay):

Decriminalised in Spain from 1st July.
Exactly, but that does not make it legal. People always confuse the two but there is a world of difference. It is decriminalized in Spain but you can still go to prison for it if the cops or the prosecutor doesn't like you. If it was legal that wouldn't be the case.

It isn't legal in Spain, and it isn't legal in Portugal and it isn't even legal in the Netherlands for that matter either.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:20 pm

I am aware of the difference between decriminalised and legal.
Dave

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:10 pm

A few years go we viewed a proprty in Velez Malaga the terrace was covered with cannabis plants we queried this the owner said you are allowed one plant. I pointed out that he had thenty five, to which he just shrugged his shoulders they were shielded from the street with green netting
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!