Form 210 and rental income

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
DavidM
Tourist

Form 210 and rental income

Postby DavidM » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm

My wife and I bought an apartment last year which we now let out.

I completed form 210 for each of us for 2016 - no rental income - and paid the tax based on the cadastral value.

Now I am trying to file for quarters 1 and 2 for 2017 for income from rental property. having clicked the box on form 210 for both Q1 and Q2 and income from property, completed the details but then get an error message when I try to 'validate and generate pdf'. The message seems to relate to the period chosen but all I have done is choose Q1 or Q2.

What am I doing wrong.

DavidM

DavidM
Tourist

Re: Form 210 and rental income

Postby DavidM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:09 pm

92 views but no replies.

Can anyone throw any light on what I should do?

DavidM

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi DavidM,
Post the Full error message............. :idea:

Some Members that do these returns might be able to shed some light on your problem.

Also what Operating system and Browser are you using...... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

DavidM
Tourist

Postby DavidM » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:43 am

Enrique

Thank you, the error message reads - Pagina 01: Error en Devengo Periodo Campo incorrecto.

If this relates to the period, I have chose 1Q - First Quarter, accrual year 2017 and accrual date 31122017 in trying to file details of rental income for quarter ended 31 March 2017

I am using Windows 10 and Google Chrome

David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:23 am

Hi DanidM,
Have a read of this old POST.........especially the beachbabe and Beachcomber bits....my shed some light.

viewtopic.php?t=26807

Hopefully Beachcomber will be along soon and get you sorted.......... :D

I only do the Non-Resident tax bit so Rental income is above my pay grade...........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:30 pm

'Agrupación/Grouping' - Tick. 'Fecha de devengo/Accrual Date' - Leave blank.

DavidM
Tourist

Postby DavidM » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Enrique and Beachcomber
Thank you very much for your replies which I have read and I think understood.
Beachcomber , your simple reply about tick and leave blank unfortunately did not work.

Is a possible problem the fact that I made a loss in both quarter 1 and quarter 2? No tax to pay and no tax to be refunded as I have not paid anything yet. Q3 will show me in profit for the year to date.

Also, what does 'grouping' mean?

DavidM

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm

You definitely need to leave 'date of accrual' blank. As you are submitting a negative return leave 'Grouping' blank as well.

If this doesn't work you will need to call the AEAT helpline on 901 335533.

DavidM
Tourist

Postby DavidM » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Beachcomber

It still did not work, I 've tried the helpline but as I do not speak Spanish it was no good.

As I am past the filing date for both Q1 and Q2 this might be the problem, I will try again for Q3 within the 20 day limit after 30 September.

DavidM

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:11 pm

I know that there are many anomalies and conflicting information regarding the use of the form 210 for actual rental income not least the fact that you are supposed to submit a separate return for each booking and each person who is a member of the rental party during a quarter. In the most extreme example of the property being rented for thirteen individual rentals, to four people each time, during the quarter this would mean one hundred and four tax returns for a husband and wife just for one quarter. This information is based what I was told by the head of the non-resident tax department at AEAT in Málaga and also what another andalucia.com member was told by the helpline. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36809

I am also finding it difficult to calculate how you could have a negative figure for your returns as the only expenses you can claim (I am given to understand) is for IBI, basura, community fees, property insurance, agents fees and ongoing repairs and maintenance which are subject of a proper invoice with IVA which would obviously be calculated pro rata to each booking period.

The whole thing is a nightmare.

DavidM
Tourist

Postby DavidM » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank you very much for this. I found the link very useful (apart from making me feel better for not being the only person finding it difficult), it would appear that I am doing everything else correctly other than being late with the returns.
As to the loss, repairs and maintenance plus the other costs that you list exceeded income. All repairs etc are supported by invoices.

As I said earlier I will try again at the end of Q3.

I certainly agree that the whole thing is a nightmare.

sdeck888

Postby sdeck888 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi David,

Did you ever get this figured out, if you complete within 20 days does it work? I am having the same problem and was wondering what you did about your older quarterly returns?

Rosie01
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rosie01 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:56 pm

Hello

Approx 14 years ago I purchased land in iznajar. I have the escutura and other documents which shows the land was registered.

However, when I last visited I noticed there were olives planted on my land.

I’ve been illegally informed that there is a Spanish custom which says if the land hasn’t been used within a certain time period I as owner lose my land owning rights.

Advice anyone???

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:14 pm

AFAIK the only custom is that a lot of Spanish show no respect for laws, and will cheerfully try to use land that does not look as if the owner will give them any problems. If you can find out who the olive farmers are you could give then an invoice for rent?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

DavidM
Tourist

Postby DavidM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:30 pm

sdeck888
Yes, I have now managed it with help (and two and a half hours in their office) from the Malaga Tax Office.
By the time we worked it out after the tax office lady had also failed it appears that they still want returns for every paying guest. Wholly impossible! The way around the problem is to lump all the guests together for the quarter, use the NIE number 11111111 put in one guests name - I used our letting agent's company name, J not F and suddenly all is well. Rather than do three separate quarters returns I lumped them together in 3Q, only time will tell if this is ok.
I hope this helps
DavidM