Norwegian Air

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Norwegian Air

Postby katy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:41 am

Norwegian are now advertising flights from Birmingham to Malaga from £29.99 one way.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Norwegian Air

Postby costakid » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:08 am

Just used them to fly to Sweden. Great prices.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:23 am

Flew with them last September.
Using them again next month........ 150€ each return including suitcase & reserved seats. (Malaga to Birmingham was 22-50€ basic). Cheaper than Ryan Air & Monarch.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:19 pm

We're trying them to come back in Sept from Manchester - would have gone out with them too but for the very late flight time ...
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Used them last year Edinburgh to Malaga and booked them for this September. Booked back in March and cheapest flight I could find from Scotland

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:34 pm

My friend got bus, 4 hours from Highlands to Edinburgh Airport yesterday with her grandchild. She was flying to Malaga at 7.30pm, going to Fuingorola. Got to the airport at 4.30pm. Then told plane would have 2 hour delay, technical fault. Then went to over 3 hours - trying to get hold of alternative plane. This meant that they would be in airport from 4.30pm to past 10.30pm. Having got on bus in Invernes at 12 noon. Then told that it would be midnight. Thoroughly fed up by this time, she said she wished they would just have told everybody to come back tomorrow and at least they could have found a hotel and got a night's sleep. At midnight they all got on the plane, at last, great excitement. When they got on the plane and the doors were shut, they were told they would have to wait another two hours there due to French air traffic control strike. Naturally folk were crying, babies screaming and the usual coughing and sneezing etc which are more apparent in silent plane. She is seriously considering not using planes for a while. If you take the train, you can at least get off and stay the night somewhere. She said, after all before she got to Malaga had been out of her house for 18 hours anyway. What do you think plane versus plane these days?

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Same thing happened to us last September, but at midnight we were told to find a hotel and fly out next day. Managed to get a hotel on 5th try wandering the streets of Edinburgh. Nobody cares

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:11 pm

I don't understand the logic of the powers that be at Norwegian Air......... have been trying to find a flight from Málaga to Birmingham for next month.
Nothing for the whole of November so I contacted them, only to be told that they no longer fly that route!!
You'd have thought Norwegian would have been trying to fill the gap left by Monarch.
So now the choice is Ryan Air, whose flights are few & far between at the moment, and the occasional direct flight with Vueling.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Agree Maureen, these days when i'm looking to book flights i'm finding myself thinking about which airline is the most consistent rather than who has the cheapest fares. If it's not Monarch going bust or Ryanair canceling flights then you can rely on French air trafic control to put a spanner in the works..
My daughter arrived home yesterday from Malaga on a Ryanair flight, the pilot said "Thank you for flying with Monarch" :lol: Looks like Monarch pilots have rescued them.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 pm

despite the "experts" saying that Monarch pilots could only fly Airbus'.....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:14 am

Flying Norwegian for the first time for our Xmas trip back to the UK. Hand luggage only but at the moment I can't see any way to checkin online. There is a link in MyTravels but it doesn't seem to go anywhere just reloads the same page. Too early probably, but surely then it should display a message saying so.
Regards

Bob

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:44 am

Pamela1 wrote: My daughter arrived home yesterday from Malaga on a Ryanair flight, the pilot said "Thank you for flying with Monarch" :lol: Looks like Monarch pilots have rescued them.
Flown Ryanair many many times and have never once heard the Pilot have any interaction over the tannoy with passengers just the irritating pre-recorded Ryanair jingles they play upon landing and taxiing to stand!!

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:51 am

peteroldracer wrote:despite the "experts" saying that Monarch pilots could only fly Airbus'.....
http://www.cityam.com/273144/heres-why- ... ess-switch

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:27 pm

casita-bonita wrote:Flying Norwegian for the first time for our Xmas trip back to the UK. Hand luggage only but at the moment I can't see any way to checkin online. There is a link in MyTravels but it doesn't seem to go anywhere just reloads the same page. Too early probably, but surely then it should display a message saying so.
Not a very user friendly website last time we used it.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Has anybody travelled by train. I am getting fed up with airlines?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:14 pm

The train is very very expensive

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:23 pm

"never once heard the Pilot have any interaction over the tannoy with passengers "
Recent flight heard announcement either from trolley dolly or flight crew asking passengers to take their allocated seat as the weight distribution had been calculated.....what a load of codswallop!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 am

maureenscot wrote:Has anybody travelled by train. I am getting fed up with airlines?
I'm sure all airlines have their problems, but I can only say that having flown with them at least six times in the last two years I haven't, as yet had a single problem with them !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:28 pm

casita-bonita wrote:Flying Norwegian for the first time for our Xmas trip back to the UK. Hand luggage only but at the moment I can't see any way to checkin online. There is a link in MyTravels but it doesn't seem to go anywhere just reloads the same page. Too early probably, but surely then it should display a message saying so.
I don't think you can check in online with Norwegian, you have to check in at the desk !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm

peteroldracer wrote:"never once heard the Pilot have any interaction over the tannoy with passengers "
Recent flight heard announcement either from trolley dolly or flight crew asking passengers to take their allocated seat as the weight distribution had been calculated.....what a load of codswallop!
Not codswallop, simple physics if you have a 200 seat aircraft carrying 100 passengers and they all decide to sit on one side of the plane you will overstress the airframe and probably cause severe inflight problems, weight distribution, not rocket science !!