Seville

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Seville

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:15 am

Has any forum members visited Seville in February and if so was it really cold/wet or quite pleasant?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Seville

Postby costakid » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 pm

However, you need to be prepared for rain as February normally brings around 61mm of rainfall over the course of six days during the month. Temperatures range between 7 °C and 17 °C. The daily average temperature for Seville in February is around 12 °C and there's a good chance of a shower.
From a weather site.

We have only been in May and it was far too hot.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes i did google the weather for Feb but i just wondered if anyone had been in Feb and what their experience of the weather was when they were there..having said that I've been to my house in Jan and Feb in the hills and had weather from one extreme to another so i know it will be whatever it is but none the less if anyone has been in Feb then it would be interesting to hear how they fared weather wise...

costakid, my daughter also visited Seville in May and she also said it was very hot...

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:14 pm

We go every year in November and the weather is almost always very pleasant then, only a couple of times have we had rain showers. Some years it is quite chilly in the evenings after sundown and winter coats have been needed, but last year was quite warm and we didn't need to wear our coats at all. I would imagine February is quite a bit colder, though, and you might not get the best out of being in Sevilla, especially at night, if you always have to sit indoors to keep warm.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 pm

It is generally cold at nights from November to May, during daytime and particularly afternoons no problem. In February it is usually good or acceptable temperatures between 13.00 and 22.00.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm

I agree with Flexo on this one - February, particularly the early part of the month tends to be the coldest part of the year. Rain is less likely than anywhere else but still a possibility. You should find the days pleasantly warm, but be prepared to bring layers, that can be peeled off as the day warms up, then pile back on as you enjoy the tapas on the patio of a friendly bar in the evening - most bar patios do have those gas heaters on a pole these days (the opposite of the missters they have in the summer!! - anything to keep the tourists in view!
Keep a list of indoor things to do in case you get a miserable couple of days!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Thank you for your answers and input, it has been very helpful, i am hoping to go with my whole family as it will be a big birthday celebration and it so happens that it is at the same time that my Grandchildren will be off from school at half term, it will be one of those rare occasions when I have my whole family together. I have taken special note of a list of indoor things to do in case of a few miserable days. Also while trawling through the list of accommodation i now think it would be better if we stayed in Apartments rather than a hotel as that will give the children more freedom and scope especially in the evenings when it might be too miserable to venture out..Fingers crossed we may have cold wrap up weather without the rain and if we get some day time sunshine than that will be a bonus..

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Pamela 1 said - and if we get some day time sunshine than that will be a bonus..

And remember that when the sun does come out it may be surprisingly WARM. You may well not have a drop of rain and have a wonderful time. Hope all goes well for the family reunion.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Thank you Gasman. :)

CielodeCadiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby CielodeCadiz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:27 am

If you're concerned about cold/rain for February in Sevilla, be sure to check that your accommodations have heat. Many do not.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 am

We went last xmas and hope to again this year. And before that in march.as others say its all about layers. We had clear blue skies every day so sat in the sun it was very nice.alot cooler in the shade but alot colder on a night.body warmer and wollie hat.mind you iam soft!