Modelo 210 - Rental Income

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
SteveMar
Tourist

Re: Modelo 210 - Rental Income

Postby SteveMar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi again Beachcomber

"I am sure 0A is only used when delaring imputed income tax and capital gains tax:"
Yes I see your point it does say that on that link. The thing is that I tried submitting the form as Q4 but this produced an error message. It's very frustrating. Seems like bmpoleary had the same problem he describes above.

I think I need to get my wife to make the call and give her a list of problems to try and resolve. Not holding my breath though!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi SteveMar,
The account we have uses a PassBook so all transactions are recorded by the bank in this book.

As beachcomber rightly points out I don't Rent out so only do the Non-Resident Tax using Form 210.

You have to ask yourself is it worth renting out............. :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Did you try putting 4T and leaving the fecha de devengo blank? I would be I interested to know the outcome of any contact you have with the helpline.

I agree with Enrique. Is it worth it?
Let's go Brandon!

SteveMar
Tourist

Postby SteveMar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:19 am

I think once I finally figure out how to submit the form properly (assuming that day does eventually come) and once the issue with my bank is finally sorted out, the quarterly return should be straightforward with a digital signature. Otherwise it's worth it as holiday letting the apartment means it pays for itself.

I will try inputting Q4 and leaving accrual date blank - will get back to you about that. Also will post with any useful response from the AEAT helpline (thanks for the phone number btw). My wife will call this week.

Another question; does anyone know whether you can deduct travel expenses for non-resident income tax? It would be brief travel for the purpose of 'business' - as in sorting out issues with renting the apartment. I know you can deduct travel expenses for business in the UK so am hoping I can for the Spanish return....

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:22 am

Hi SteveMar,
10/10 for sticking with the exercise............ 8)

Like anything to do with computers, might take you a week to get it to work the First time , then you finally get there you wonder why it took so long.

Today's Tip.......when you have it working Write a Procedure so that the next Quarter its a breeze....... :thumbup:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

SteveMar
Tourist

Postby SteveMar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 am

My wife called the AEAT helpline this morning in relation to filling in the modelo 210 for non-resident income tax. This refers to filling in the form if you rent out your apartment and are making quarterly tax returns. She asked the following questions:

Q. What do you need to put for 'Accrual' or 'Devengo'?
A. 'Period' / 'Periodo' - select the quarter you are doing a return for Q1 - Q4, 'Year'/'Ano' - enter tax year, 'Group'/'Agrupacion' - tick, 'Accrual date'/'Fecha de devengo' - leave blank

Q. Who/what do you need to enter into 'Payer/Witholder/Issuer/Property Purchaser'/'Pagador/Retenedor/Emisor/Adquirente del inmueble'?
A. The lady said that this should be the details of the guest(s) that have rented your property. If the guests did not have an NIF or NIE (most likely scenario) then leave the NIF field blank but still complete the 'F/J' box and enter the guest's full name. This would require one form per guest staying at the property. So a group of 4 staying, regardless of how long they stayed for = 4 forms!

Q. Can you make deductions for travel expenses if the purpose of your trip was attending to business regarding the rental of your property?
A. No; regardless of circumstances for the travel

It was painful to hear the same answer that Beachcomber posted above as I was really hoping they would say something sensible. For me it's a ridiculous condition as my apartment is rented frequently and both mine and my wife's names are on the deeds. In theory this would mean 8 forms for 4 guests as the tax payment has to be halved between two 210 forms - one for me and one for my wife. Sadly the agencia tributaria lady wasn't at all phased by how ridiculous it sounded.

My next step is to get my wife to call again this week and try and get a more sensible answer. And if she manages it, then take their name and note the date and time of the call (and recommend them for a medal). Surely there's someone working at AEAT with some common sense?!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:07 am

As I said before, these people are not tax officials they are call centre operators working from a set script. By all means call again but don't hold your breath.
Let's go Brandon!

fuentearriba
Tourist

Postby fuentearriba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:11 pm

This quarter (3/2017) I seem to have a new form in English. On Q2/2017 and previous I have not entered any Fecha de Devengo and all OK for submission. The new English form has an Accrual Date and I keep getting just one error
Page 01: Error in Accrual. Period-. Incorrect field. and I cannot get past it!!! Any ideas - thanks

DavidM
Tourist

Postby DavidM » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Estrellita, Bmpoleary

Did you ever have success in solving your problem with the Error in Accrual Period-Incorrect period. If so what is the answer.

I have the same problem but thought it was because I was late in doing the quarterly return. Last week I tried to do Q3 for 2017 but still got the same message.

DavidM

olliejaeger
Tourist

Postby olliejaeger » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:37 am

Hi, I first came across this post when I tried to submit my quarterly tax return online and came up against the same problem a lot of people seem to have i.e. the error message about the invalid date. I have given up on that now and will try again next year!

I was very pleased that I managed to submit my modelo 210-A0 for the tax year 2016 and selected to have the tax collected from my Spanish bank account. This was in October, but still no payment has left my account.

Does anyone know if it is normal for the payment to be collected right at the end of the year, or should I be worried as it wasn't taken straight after I submitted my return? I've phoned my bank, but they were useless and I'm having difficulty getting through to anyone in the tax office... I may well have made a mistake with the online form and I don't want to wait till the 31 December to find out that no payment is taken and that I missed the deadline.

I've got the completed modelo 210 form, including the secure verification code and the receipt number, and it does have my Spanish bank account's IBAN on it, but the box "Collaborating organisation account debit" isn't ticked...

What happens if payment is not automatically taken by 31.12.17?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Unless you completed the form with a digital certificate the tax will not be taken from your account.

When you complete the form in the normal way (ie, without a digital certificate) you need to take pro-active action to pay the tax. The facility to enter your bank account number on the form is merely for when you take the forms physically to the bank and you pay from your bank account rather than by cash. Just completing the forms without physically paying in some way will not work.

Some banks have the facility to pay the non-resident tax by bank transfer but, again, you have to make the transaction yourself and cross reference the 'justificante' number of the form 210.

I am not sure about the 210 but when I submit my annual tax return as a resident (usually in May) the tax is not deducted from my account until the end of the period for payment on 30th June.

olliejaeger
Tourist

Postby olliejaeger » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:50 am

Thanks Beachcomber. I did use the digital certificate. Good to know that your tax is taken on the last day, fingers crossed mine will be!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:41 am

Just to make doubly sure, if you have a CSV number try entering it here:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... O&ORIGEN=J

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Modelo 210 - Rental Income (Change of form)

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Those members who submit quarterly non-resident tax returns on the rental income of their properties now need to use a newly designed form 210. This will also affect submission of imputed non-resident rental income but not until next year (2019) when returns will be submitted for 2018.

All of the headings and calculations are the same but, due to internal changes to the way the form works, data from previous declarations cannot be imported and the form must be completed from scratch. There is a facility to save the data as before so presumably this will be able to be loaded into future declarations. The data will be saved on AEAT servers rather than locally on one's own computer.

It can also be exported (as opposed to saved) as a data file on ones own computer but trying to import it again resulted in several error messages. The save and load facilities can now be found at the bottom of the form together with other options.

Use this link to the form if you do not use a digital certificate:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... /index.zul

and this one if you do:

https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... /index.zul

If you want the forms in English click on 'English' in the top right hand corner.

The old forms are still available for late returns for 2017 and previous years.

The new style form also needs to be used for the reclaim of the 3% tax retention on the sale of a property by a non-resident since the 1st January 2018.

If you have any difficulty I will try to resolve it but I am still finding my way around the form and my only experience so far is based on a retention reclaim.

Just to reiterate, at the moment this only applies to quarterly returns and retention reclaims as they are already being submitted for 2018. Imputed tax returns will not be affected by this change until next year. I will address this in more detail in December for imputed tax payers.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Yes, there appears to be a way to retrieve the data from previous submissions with the new form. If you look on this page:
https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... GF00.shtml

There is a section called "Filings using data from previous tax returns or from previous years". If you select "Filing tax returns for 2018 and subsequent years" under that, it lets you search for previous submission's data. It only lets you select 2018 at this point, so presumably it's only data you saved with the new form. So can't try it yet.

Will make sure to save the data when doing the Q1 submission this weekend and see what happens when I try to retrieve it doing the Q2 one.

- Eric S.