Norwegian Air

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Norwegian Air

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Al, the suggestion was that they had balanced the fatties and the skinnies....as no one had been asked their weight at checkin - online or desk it suggests a strong smell of cow manure to try to get people to sit down and not cause delays!
We are talking fr1gging great Boeing here, not a Piper Aztec!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Sitting down and not causing delays suits me fine, on numerous occasions I've witnessed moronic families of 4 or more spending time loading their (too many) bags in the overhead lockers (prior to this they would have spent time taking out their books, ipads, paper and crayons etc, not forgetting the the moisturiser that mum needs for a 2½ hour flight !! On a flight to Paris last year from Manchester (1 hr 30 mins) little "Beccy" was distraught that she had left her game console in the overhead locker, after some stern words were exchanged she sat down and wimpered for the entire flight, rant over and nothing personal intended to you Peter just my opinion !!

mijasdavid
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasdavid » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Manchesteral
I agree with everything you have said. Why people can not get on an aeroplane, put their belongings in the overhead locker and sit down is beyond me
Last edited by mijasdavid on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:13 pm

You have to pay to choose seats and can check in online. We did this for flights to Fort Lauderdale and Puerto Rico. Didn't bother on Malaga flight, not worth it for a couple of hours, don't mind where I sit. New aircraft but staff a bit green as if they are newbies. Agree the website is rubbish and the airline is certainly no frills.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Katy, Newbies, a bit green, Norwegian have been in Business for almost 25 years, i can't comment on the website because my wife normally deals with that, but your comment that they are certainly no frills floored me, I've travelled (very extensively) over the past 30 years or so and I would grade them above many other so called established carriers, ie British airways cabin service is now pitiful, Air France, forget it, SAS, not bad, Finnair, Turkish airlines outstanding, but above all Emirates, absolutely faultless, let's not mention Ryanair !

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:22 am

They've been in business more than 25 years. The original company was called Brathens SAFE and I flew with them regularly in the 70's.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:56 am

littleeak wrote:I don't understand the logic of the powers that be at Norwegian Air......... have been trying to find a flight from Málaga to Birmingham for next month.
Nothing for the whole of November so I contacted them, only to be told that they no longer fly that route!!
You'd have thought Norwegian would have been trying to fill the gap left by Monarch.
So now the choice is Ryan Air, whose flights are few & far between at the moment, and the occasional direct flight with Vueling.
I read in the Euro Weekly last week that Norwegian are scrapping all its flights from Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester to Spain from today.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:11 am

Manchesteral wrote:Katy, Newbies, a bit green, Norwegian have been in Business for almost 25 years, i can't comment on the website because my wife normally deals with that, but your comment that they are certainly no frills floored me, I've travelled (very extensively) over the past 30 years or so and I would grade them above many other so called established carriers, ie British airways cabin service is now pitiful, Air France, forget it, SAS, not bad, Finnair, Turkish airlines outstanding, but above all Emirates, absolutely faultless, let's not mention Ryanair !
The staff at Gatwick appeared new when we flew to US. they were milling around asking each other what to do. Agree about BA. Really dropped off last two years. Awful food. Used to serve fresh fruit, hot croissants and egg, bacon etc for breakfast on long haul. This year we got orange juice and a cereal bar!! Emirates are good, once got a freebie first class, comfy bed and had a shower. Never used Ryanair. My main priority is that the flight is on time and reasonable quiet passengers around, I like to sleep away the boredom :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:11 am

I haven't done any long haul flights for many years now but for short haul Ryanair has always been on time for us (and more recently Easyjet too) and the other passengers have been quiet. We always joke and say we get the pensioners' flights to and from England .... must be just the routes and times we fly, but it is usually a very jolly atmosphere!

I wonder if anyone else will start up the routes abandoned by these other airlines now, or perhaps will be absorbed into Ryanair or Easyjet?

Capitan-Roberto
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Capitan-Roberto » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Wicksey wrote: I read in the Euro Weekly last week that Norwegian are scrapping all its flights from Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester to Spain from today.
Don't believe everything you read in the Euro Weekly. They are still flying from Edinburgh to Spain. Their website shows flights well into next year

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:53 am

The flights to Spain on their website aren't direct as far as I can see, and have a stopover in Copenhagen. I think the only direct route they are keeping from Edinburgh is to Tenerife.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:38 am

Norwegian have a sale today only for flights Dec to March. Malaga is £28 one way from Gatwick. Just booked a Florida break for half the price of BA.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks Katy. Will have a look

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Not codswallop, simple physics if you have a 200 seat aircraft carrying 100 passengers and they all decide to sit on one side of the plane you will overstress the airframe and probably cause severe inflight problems, weight distribution, not rocket science !!
Exactly, if you fly with a really small airplane you are never allowed to sit wherever you want, the crew will tell you where to sit based on your body physique. There has even been crashes due to too many heavy passangers been located in the rear of the airplane.

CielodeCadiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby CielodeCadiz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 pm

Have been flying them for a few years now since they started service to the USA. We do California non-stop to Gatwick and then change planes to get to Madrid or Malaga. The main drawback is a long layover at Gatwick but that at least includes a crack at a pint of ale. Service can be spotty but have avoided, thus far, any of these "stuck on the tarmac for 6 hours" stories....

of course, it helps that the long-haul routes use the new Boeing "Dreamliner" which I find a comfortable plane. And I often carry-on my bag and do not order a meal (the food can be very bad and not worth the cost), which makes the flight quite a bit cheaper.