FilmOn Problem!

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
ajtg1952
Resident

FilmOn Problem!

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm

I haven't been able to record any programmes over the last two days! Is anyone else having a similar problem? I have notified FilmOn but no response yet!

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: FilmOn Problem!

Postby Evelyn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi there, There is an ongoing discussion going on on FB about this. Quite a few have reported this problem. It has been going since Monday. They have proved to be uncontactable either on FB, through Pay Pal or Messenger. Their emails are not getting through either. They are not even taking out renewal subs from people. Doesnt look too good. I would, for the timebeing suspend your payment if you can. I doubt many members on here use them because they seem to be quite techie. However if you need to know anything PM me.

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 pm

I renewed my subscription with them successfully yesterday

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Oooops!

You guys were right! I DID renew my subscription yesterday but none of my recordings can be played.

There is obviously something very wrong with Filmon.

I have asked Paypal for a refund but have to wait till February to enable Filmon to respond to Paypal.

Brianbern

Postby Brianbern » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 am

I'm having the same problem, my subscription was renewed( I only do as and when as don't live permanently in Spain), no problem but couldn't record. Thought the policy on recordings may have changed so bought an extra subscription for recordings. This wasn't added to my account so contacted Paypal after no response from Film on. Next day the extra was added to my account but still can't record. Film on are impossible to reach either by email or phone. I've tried tvmucho for a free hour each day before committing to a subscription, not great as keeps buffering but read in their reviews that its basically run by same people as Film on, only cheaper. At the moment though Film on delivers TV programmes but not recording so looks as if that's as good as its going to get judging by comments here.

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Live TV yes - but only for 2 minutes at a time

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 pm

You need a subscription, which I have, to receive live television. The basic comes with 10 hours of recording. I also subscribed to an additional 10 hours recording over Christmas. Reading the comments on FilmOn's Facebook page there is a notice saying be patient as they are undergoing major changes. However, normal service was supposed to be resumed on Friday but this hasn't happened. It's not looking good.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Tvcatchup website works well for free uk t.v no recording but gives you access to uk channels

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:12 pm

There has been quite a bit about this Company on FB. They have disappeared then on Monday this appeared.

Dear Film on TV family(in their logo).

Please be patient. We have updated the entire system and waiting for the new USA network to take effect world wide.
Some services in some areas may still be affected. Seriously sorry for the inconvenience. Better than normal service will be returned shortly.

There have been no more messages and recordings have not been downloaded since Monda(last). I leave you to make up your own mind. However if you are looking for alternatives two are being tried ......Hoola and Mucho. Cheaper than Filmon and , so far looking more reliable.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Personally, I cannot understand why people even record content these days. TV has moved on and most content is available to stream up to 30 days after it was broadcast in much higher quality than Filmon offers

The catch is if you don’t live in the UK, you need to subscribe to a VPN or DNS server.

Spanish TV offers most USA and UK series in the original language and with newer TVs it is possible to record to a pen drive.
I’ve never tried this so I cannot be certain if it will record in the language you want because as already mentioned, catch up gives me more than I need