Early Spring Temperatures

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lindyloo
Tourist

Early Spring Temperatures

Postby Lindyloo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:40 pm

We're visiting Rincon de la Victoria (just east of Malaga)for several weeks from late February through March. Can anyone advise what day and night temperatures to expect? As I've been ill recently, I want to ensure I've got sufficient appropriate clothing- without overloading the luggage!
many thanks
lindyloo

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Early Spring Temperatures

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi, last week it was 16 or 17 in the day but single figures at night. It will be mostly the same when you are there. I always think February is the coldest month. It can be very pleasant in the day but drops rapidly once the sun goes down. Bring some jumpers.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Have you been to Rincon before? If not its a very pleasant walk through the tunnels to La Cala Del Moral. There are some nice restaurants if you need any recommendations.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 pm

It’s a very changeable time of year. It could be very pleasant and warm during the day or it could be really cold wet and windy.

You will need a big suitcase to cover clothes for all eventualities.

Sid

Lindyloo
Tourist

Postby Lindyloo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Thank you both for your replies.

It's as I suspected,variable, so will pack on the basis of wearing layers;) I can pack 5 week's worth of clothes for summer hol in my carry-on luggage but have booked some hold luggage this time so there should be room for jumpers!

Costakid: yes, we've been to Rincon before, but only for a week's spring break a couple of years; looking forward to walking along to La Cala del Moral as my strength improves. Recommendations for restaurants, walks or anything else will be very welcome as we'll be there for 5 weeks this time.

thanks again

Lindyloo

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Defo layers. Its very cold at the mo but the week before was lovely. Alot depends on if theres any wind as at this time of year it can make it feel cold.We were actually at rincon and la cala walking through the tunnels with family the other week when it was warm. Sat in the beachside restaurants in the sun was lovely but in the shade it did feel cool.

We really enjoy kikos restaurant on the front at rincon great fried fish and salads

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Mesón Restaurante Rincón De Emilio is one of our favourites. Its near the big square with the carpark underneath. Pizza Romano is good if you like Italian food. One of the best pizzas I have ever had.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:59 am

If you have a look at eltiempo.es in the days before you travel you will have a reasonably idea as to what to expect...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

not looked on that site but I bet it doesn't say 2 degrees this evening which apparently its going to be with the wind chill.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Ive looked at almost every forcast there is over the past few days for an idea of what to expect at our house this coming week and not one agrees with the other.
.We left Newcastle this am with snow showers and arrived in Malaga to a temp of 13 and lovely sunshine..I pointed out to hubby that his country folk looked frozen :lol: :lol: :lol: ..
So looking forward to travelling to Seville next week! :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:01 pm

If you can find a sunny and sheltered spot out of the wind then it's Ok but at night it's been very cold. Our conservatory is only 3.5 degrees in the mornings and we are close to the coast, but it is toasty and warm in there during the day if it's sunny.

I watched the Spanish national forecast earlier and some parts of Spain were down to minus 14 overnight, so quite balmy down here in the south in comparison! I use aemet.es for weather - they provide the forecasts for some of the TV channels and we find they are generally accurate, although every valley in this area seems to have their own weather system.

Lindyloo
Tourist

Postby Lindyloo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks again- enjoying all the replies: info, recommendations and comments alike :thumbup: !
Have been checking the weather forecast and the weather history sites but you can't beat info from those in the know :clap:
Whetted the appetite somewhat, just over 2 weeks to get sorted so better get a shift on. Further recommendations more than welcome, we're hiring a car so can easily travel further and we're happy to use the bus too for days out. :D

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Pamela1 wrote: So looking forward to travelling to Seville next week! :)
I'm currently in Seville. Dry and mostly sunny.
OK if you are in the sun but there are a lot of high buildings and narrow streets so you might not see the sun.
Also quite a cold breeze so need to wrap up, fleeces or anarocks, most of the day and certainly after sunset.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Lindyloo wrote:Thanks again- enjoying all the replies: info, recommendations and comments alike :thumbup: !
Have been checking the weather forecast and the weather history sites but you can't beat info from those in the know :clap:
Whetted the appetite somewhat, just over 2 weeks to get sorted so better get a shift on. Further recommendations more than welcome, we're hiring a car so can easily travel further and we're happy to use the bus too for days out. :D
The 160, 163 and 167 buses go from Rincon to Malaga centro. The 160 is every 20 minutes at peak times.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am

Pamela1 wrote:Ive looked at almost every forcast there is over the past few days for an idea of what to expect at our house this coming week and not one agrees with the other.
.We left Newcastle this am with snow showers and arrived in Malaga to a temp of 13 and lovely sunshine..I pointed out to hubby that his country folk looked frozen :lol: :lol: :lol: ..
So looking forward to travelling to Seville next week!
Hi Gerry.thanks for the heads up on Seville, its cold here in Purullena today but its sunny and the mountains look glorious covered in snow. This time last year i was walking around in a tshirt..
Hope you enjoy Seville Gerry :wave: