Applying Online for appoinment at INSS for Health Card

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerrynag
Resident

Applying Online for appoinment at INSS for Health Card

Postby gerrynag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 pm

My wife and I are trying to obtain Spanish Health cards now that we have got Residencia and have got our S1 forms from the UK. From what people have said on here and elsewhere you need to book an appointment at the INSS office online or by phone, where they will check your paperwork and give you initally a temporary card. However when I tried to apply online for my wife, I got a reply afterwards saying that she was not elligible for an health card for one of several reasons, none of which made sense. I wondered if other people had similar experiences and what their solution to the problem was. We were thinking of just going down to the INSS office in Velez Malalga and applying directly there, but half expecting them to say you can't see anyone without an appointment. Could be Catch 22 situation...... :think:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Applying Online for appoinment at INSS for Health Card

Postby El Cid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:42 pm

They prefer that you make an appointment, but when I went recently (by appointment) there was a queue of people who clearly had not got one. They seem to be dealt with reasonably quickly so it might be worth a try.

Sid

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 pm

So you didn't have a problem applying online ?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 pm

None at all. You have to select what the reason for your visit is from a list of options, but the rest is obvious.

https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/wps/port ... BIS9nQSEh/

The National Police and the tax office now use a similar system.

Sid

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:14 am

:thumbup: Thanks for the link. The one I used before was obviously the wrong one. Have managed now to book appointments on-line for myself and wife for tomorrow.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Let us know how you get on

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Well went yesterday and they accepted our application for the Health Card, which they said we would arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. A little disappointed as was led to believe that they would give you a temporary card that you could use until the proper plastic card arrived, (well, thats what it says on the S1 info).

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 am

When we registered our S1s with the INSS in Vélez-Málaga (at the end of 2014) we were told that we would receive, by post, a document confirming our entitlement to healthcare which would take around 2 weeks. Then we would have to take that document to our health centre and register with them, following which we would receive our tarjetas sanitarias. That is what happened, and our tarjetas arrived approximately 2 weeks after we registered at the health centre.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Free at last - my dads just done the same thing. He waited about 3 months for the letter to come from inss tho :hahano:

Hes been to the health centre with that letter so now i guess its just a waiting game ? He wants to get reduced price inhalors haha
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:54 am

I think, once you have registered the documentation with the health centre, that you can be seen by a doctor whilst you are waiting for the actual card to arrive (I hope your Dad's won't take another 3 months!). In fact the administrator who registered us asked us if we wanted to make appointments there and then. So if your Dad goes back to the health centre with his documentation he should be able to make an appointment if he tells them his card hasn't arrived yet.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 am

Ahh, me and dad havent been to the medico in 20 years, dads seen dr ruiz a couple of times, and mum was seeing him for her leg before she passed away.

Hes more interested in the reduced price medications, so i think next time he goes out i will get him to take the letter and ask in the farmacia

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 am

But he'll need a prescription from a doctor in the state health system in order to be able to get his medications at the reduced price.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 am

Just an update on my earlier post about getting an health card. I forgot to mention that at the INSS office they gave me a letter confirming that I had submitted all my documentation for the health card. Said my wife didn't need a seperate letter. As the card is likely to take 6 weeks or so to come through and my wife really needs to get her medication sorted out in Spain asap, we decided to take the INSS letter to the doctor in Comares, (that we wished to register with), and see if we could get signed on without waiting for health card to arrive. The girl at doctors was very helpful, but said we needed to go to the health centre in Benamogosa and that they would put us on the health system and register us with the doctor. We went to Benamogosa and the lady there was also very helpful and not only were we registered, but she organised an appointment with the doctor in Comares for Monday morning. So very impressed. Note, that as well as usual paperwork, we also needed to show our EHIC cards, (they even pointed out to us that the EHIC cards expire in April, so we will need to renew them). :thumbup:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Free at Last wrote:But he'll need a prescription from a doctor in the state health system in order to be able to get his medications at the reduced price.

Ahhhh.. I didnt know that. Interesting. I will have to let him know

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 pm

I think there may be complications if you are not registered as a tax payer as the cap on the amount you have to pay in total, monthly, is based on income, as declared on your tax declaration.

Sid