ITV PLayer app on Android stopped working

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

ITV PLayer app on Android stopped working

Postby fyfin » Sun May 20, 2018 10:53 am

I have seen a similar problem mentioned on here before but no-one was able to provide an answer. I have an android box and have All4, BBC iPlayer and ITV hub all installed and they have been working fine. 1 now have a problem with ITV player and I get a message when I try to log in again, having logged out because I had an error message 002. Now I get a message "We're sorry something went wrong - please try again" when I log in.

I then tried re-installing the app, clearing cache etc and same problem, so I tried setting up a new account and discovered that I can't get past the part where you enter your postcode. Basically no matter what postcode you enter it say's "invalid postcode" This is probably why logging in with an existing account doesn't work either, it doesn't recognise the postcode as valid.

I use a VPN, Freedome, which has worked up to know and I have multiple licences and it works fine on an identical android box using the same vpn and same log in. That would seem to suggest it's a setting on the box or the vpn but as far as I can see they're identical. It also works fine on the laptop.

It's driving me (and my wife lol) round the twist.

Has anyone got any ideas? I have sent for another box as well as an older one I had given my friend had died so if I can't sort it I'll use that.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: ITV PLayer app on Android stopped working

Postby brimsham » Sun May 20, 2018 12:29 pm

No problem on my laptop or tablet, but cannot sign in to my account on the Samsung TV although it works OK without signing in. Using SmartDNS on my router.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun May 20, 2018 12:55 pm

So it's a signing in issue probably as Smartydns works differently to a vpn I think. My wife wants to watch catch up on Innocent so we'll have to do it on the laptop with hdmi cable
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun May 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi,
Slightly off Topic...............

Is anyone having problems with the SmartyDNS version of VPN.. :?:

It appears to try to Login but fails and goes back to Login window when using either of the London Servers.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Sun May 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Working OK on tablet and laptop. That said have in the past experienced your problem in the past which has just been temporary.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun May 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Brimshan - Just a thought. I can't watch any ITV programmes on any android device without logging in.

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Using the App on my TV I get the option to continue without logging. May try resetting the router and a few other resets.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun May 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi,
Slightly off Topic...............

Is anyone having problems with the SmartyDNS version of VPN.. :?:

It appears to try to Login but fails and goes back to Login window when using either of the London Servers.
Logged onto my SmartyDns version of VPN on my Android phone, connected to London server OK and accessed ITV hub player OK.
So all working here.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun May 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi,
Thanks for input Guys...........

Changed Username and Password now looking good, Thanks................ :D

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Thu May 24, 2018 10:07 am

Hi, I've got a problem with ITV hub on both my tablet and my android box, this happened a couple of days ago.
Firstly a message came up saying there was a connection problem with the internet, even though BBC iPlayer and everything else is still ok.. I tried to sign in again but still the same problem, I uninstalled the Hub and installed again, Now when I try to sign in it wont recognise my UK postcode , tried putting other postcodes in and it wont recognise any of them , when I try to skip the postcode and sign in it just tells me " we are sorry something went wrong " can anybody help or has anybody had this same problem ? Thanks

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu May 24, 2018 10:16 am

Mike I thought I was reading my own post. Must be a problem with Itv hub. It's exactly what happened to me. Yet it is working on another box

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 am

Hi fyfin,
Looks to be a problem with latest update........... :thumbdown:

Was updated 22-May-2018

Login ..Post Code...... mentioned a lot

"Same problem as everyone else. Can you please sort the issue out or return to the old app please because I miss catching up with my favourite programmes. And it was one of my favourite apps."

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Thu May 24, 2018 10:58 am

Has anybody tried this yet, could this be the answer ?

http://www.itv.com/help/itv-hub