World Cup in UHD on BBC Iplayer

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

World Cup in UHD on BBC Iplayer

Postby markwilding » Thu May 31, 2018 10:33 am

It’s not clear if those of us living in Spain will benefit from this but the BBC are offering a limited number of viewers the chance to watch the World cup in UHD. More information here
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44305845
Last edited by markwilding on Thu May 31, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: World Cup in UHD on BBC Iplayer

Postby firsttango » Thu May 31, 2018 11:00 am

Can't see why not if you've got the correct equipment and at least a 40mbps steady download speed.....and a quick trigger finger on the "first come first served" access basis :D

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 am

Didn't work for me.
In fact on most gadgets I wasn't happy with the quality of the stream. Buffering was a problem as well. Eventually after rebooting both routers, I got a high quality stream on the Fire TV and watched most of the brilliant Spain Portugal match in high quality with no buffering.

It should be rememered for those who haven't got access to British TV via satillite or internet, all matches are on terrestrial Spanish TV.
Last edited by markwilding on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:40 am

firsttango wrote:Can't see why not if you've got the correct equipment and at least a 40mbps steady download speed.....
:lol: :lol: I'm lucky to get 4mbps

A good match though last night. BBC HD through the Intelsat was good enough for us. I've got an UHD TV but guess I'll never see anything UHD on it unless Spanish terrestrial TV introduce it.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Finally, I got to see a match in UHD. It's available on the PS4 so I watched the Senegal Colombia Match.

BTW, It is possible to watch some Spanish football in UHD with Bein Sports.