Getting residencia Sevilla

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
kexon
Resident

Getting residencia Sevilla

Postby kexon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Is anyone prepared to share their experience of visiting and using the office at Plaza De Espana, after many years here in Spain now is the time for this residencia thing. I have resisted until now as I could see no purpose in getting it, but now with brexit i guess i should. Any experiences (recent) would be appreciated. Thank you

Gasman
Resident

Re: Getting residencia Sevilla

Postby Gasman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:47 pm

I suppose you have followed all the relevant posts on the forum ... you will need to make a Cita Previa on line via the website. Sorry, only dealt with Huelva, but I am sure you will be OK in Sevilla. Advice is, go prepared and that will ease the processus! We have always found that the staff do try to help, apart from the occasional jobs-worth of course, but on the whole they are a helpful bunch.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:00 pm

I could write a book on our experiences of visiting the office at Plaza De Espana to try and get our residencia. But i do not have the time or inclination to go through it all.

So here is the short version (This was 4 or 5 years ago)
Plaza De Espana
1st visit
Arrived early morning and joined the queue for a ticket for that day (maybe you can get a cita previa these days?)
Waited 3-4 hrs for our number to be called to see the stern faced lady at the desk.
Everything was going well until she asked to see our padron certificate. I explained that I thought we needed our residencia first before we could sign on the padron, No she says that's wrong you need to sign on the padron 1st!. Ok I says I must have got it wrong.

Town hall
1st visit
Told we can't sign on the padron until we get our residencia. explain what the stern faced lady said in Seville, nice man at town hall says she is wrong.

Plaza De Espana
2nd visit
Arrived early morning and joined the queue for a ticket for that day
Waited 3-4 hrs for our number to be called to see the stern faced young man this time at the desk.
Everything was going well again until he asked to see our padron certificate. I explained what the nice man at the town hall said, stern faced young man says your man at the town hall is wrong.

Town hall
2nd visit

Tell nice man that the stern faced young man in Seville says he's wrong and can he sign us on the padron.
Nice man at town hall rummages in his desk and hands us a sheet of paper. "This is the law here in black and white that proves that I'm correct, take this to Seville and show them"

Plaza De Espana
3rd visit

Arrived early morning etc etc
Waited 3-4 hrs etc etc
Everything was going well again until he asked to see our padron certificate TA- DA! "here you go" I says smugly and produce my piece of paper.
Stern faced young man reads paper, retires to a filing cabinet. rummage, rummage and returns with another sheet of paper.

"This law supercedes your mans" he says and slaps it down infront of us TA-DA!

Town Hall
3rd visit

See nice man, show him new sheet of paper nice man says, that's wrong no can do, we need our residencia 1st before he will let us sign on the padron.

Are you still reading?? nearly there now...

In the end we decided to visit the police station at Antequera in Malaga and threw ourselves at the mercy of a very nice lady, who after listening to our long tale of woe agreed to give us our little green cards even though we reside in Seville province. It took all of half an hour.

So good luck to you.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Only in Spain. You couldn’t make it up.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:00 pm

I'l stick to Huelva then!!! Oh my - what a performance ... and we all know, don't we, from the experts on here that only bona fide RESIDENTS can sign on to the Padron at the Town Hall.
Can only congratulate you on your patience and ingenuity, finally sneeking it through via Antequera !
Be interesting to know though, just what was the law changing the whole system - did you get to keep a copy?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:18 pm

There are almost always problems with registration and signing on the patron because each procedure is dictated by a different law.

The requirements to sign on to the Padron are laid out in a 33 year old Spanish law and the requirements to sign on the register of foreigners was introduced 11 years ago based on the EU directive on Residency, Directive 2004/38/CE which passed into Spanish law as Real Decreto 240/2007.

In the Padron law there is no requirement to provide a registration certificate and in the case of registration there is no requirement to produce a Patron certificate..

The Padron law (Ley 7/1985 Articles 15 and 16) says that:-

Any person living in Spain is obliged to register in the Municipal Register in which they habitually reside. Who lives in several municipalities must register in which they live for more time a year.

2. The registration in the Municipal Register will contain as mandatory only the following data:
• a) Name and surnames.
• b) Sex.
• c) Habitual address.
• d) Nationality
• e) Place and date of birth
• f) Number of national identity document or, in the case of foreigners:

◦ - Number of the valid residence card issued by the Spanish authorities or, failing that, the number of the document proving the identity or valid passport issued by the authorities of the country of origin, in the case of nationals of Member States of the European Union, of other States party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or of States to which, by virtue of an international agreement, the legal regime established for the citizens of the aforementioned States is extended.

◦ - Foreigner identification number in the document, in force, issued by the Spanish authorities or, failing that, because they do not own them, the valid passport number issued by the authorities of the country of origin, in the case of citizens nationals of States not included in the previous paragraph of this paragraph, unless, by virtue of the Treaty or International Agreement, they enjoy a specific regime of visa exemption in terms of small border traffic with the municipality in which the registration is sought, in which case, the corresponding visa will be required.

The requirements to sign on the register are detailed here:-

http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/ ... index.html

No reference there to requiring a Padron certificate.

It gets even more confusing when you consider that to sign on the Padron you must have your habitual residence in the municipality, but if you resided there for 2 months every 3 months there would be no need to register on the list of foreigners, and conversely, if you just spent 100 days in Spain you would have to sign on the register of foreigners ,but not be eligible to sign on the Padron.

Are you now totally confused - probably, but perhaps it helps to explain why there is so much confusion in the actual government/municipal departments as to what the requirements really are!!

This thread has shown just how perverse the whole question of registration etc can be in Spain, hopefully this posts explains, to some extent, why that is.

Of course, after Brexit it could all change again, probably with even more confusion.

Sid

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi Update
Went to Plaza de Espana today. Young fella at the reception desk busy so I just push the button and got an appointment number something like 74, they were currently on 41.
Sat there thinking lifes to short for this so I went back to the young lad said I just needed the form 790. Showed him my paperwork and suddenly from under his desk came a different set of appointment numbers and he gave my two (me and the wife) and directed me to a different room. Inside this room there were only four other people waiting, WOW.
Sat down waited all of 10-15 mins and there I was paperwork in hand in front of someone.
He shuffled through my papers, tossed the photo's in my general direction reached for his draw and started to fill out the forms 790, I thought it does not get any better than this and then he stopped and started just putting crosses where I need to fill in. OK I thought i can live with that, that was what I needed anyway. Then came the only bombshell I need one form to be translated into Spanish.
So my thoughts. It was alright, without the young lad i would probably still there waiting for tomorrow, but now I know what I need and I got the form I needed so overall B+.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:51 pm

kexon wrote:Then came the only bombshell I need one form to be translated into Spanish.
Looks promising, but what was the form that needed translating?

Sid

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:27 am

The E121

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:49 am

Was it not the current form which is the S1? The E121 was discontinued some time ago.

Either way, they do not need to be translated.

Sid

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:06 pm

That's what the man with the power said, so that's what the man with the form will do. Or should I just refuse and get nowhere. I have had the form for ten years but only now am I using it for my residencia, something I was not inclined to do until Brexit came along. I need residencia to change my driving license because that will soon become invalid.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Sadly, just another example of functionarios making up the rules! No, you can't argue, but you can come back another day and see if a different person does it differently.

I had a similar situation last time I needed a new registration form (change of address). one person wanted photos, the other didn't.

Sid

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Update.
After getting the payment form filled out by my bank and translating the E121 via online service (free), I returned.
The cue's at Plaza De Espana were long just to get in must be the holiday Friday. Anyway after 10 mins or so I saw the man at the enquiry desk and got the magic green numbered ticket and once again returned to the small room mentioned previously. Sat down 10 mins called to the desk.
Now this is where I would like to claim the British record for obtaining a residencia card. I gave him my papers, shuffle, shuffle, green piece of paper into machine, hey presto green residencia card emerges from within. My claimed record is 7.5 minutes from submission of papers to collection of card. I also want to claim the record for husband and wife dual collection of residencia cards 15 mins.
Now I move on to the change of driver license, yes I am going for a double.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Isn't it nice when you feel that you have finally beaten the system. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Patience and perseverance finally pays off.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 am

Assuming you are resident for over the 183 days in a calendar year, just wait ‘til you get going on the tax returns, with back tax for four years and a fine for late declaration.....or maybe you keep a very close eye on the calendar!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Even when not registered as resident I have always submitted my tax returns.