purchase fees

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: purchase fees

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:56 pm

I've also been involved with numerous personal property transactions during my time in Spain and I can't actually remember any of them being the exact same format, it really comes down to what has been agreed between the buyer and seller and yes sometimes the buyer will be asked to cover sellers costs, I'm aware of this because for some time I did have an interest in Property sales in Spain.
I would suggest that the OP checks out exactly what he is being asked to pay out for,and if it's all to come out of the original agreed purchase price then I see no problem and also it may be just a misunderstanding which needs to be corrected.

In some other countries they do ask the buyer to pay the agent costs....

Many years ago I did a course in Florida, Real Estate Sales and Management, I was amazed at the amount of legal creative methods that could be adapted to suit both buyer and seller, and when I completed the course I was presented with a ceramic mug with my name emblazoned on it and I also then qualified for having the word 'Mug' removed from my forehead... :D

Regards,
Gordon

jimmyallan
Tourist

Postby jimmyallan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

hi, Just a quick update, house now purchased with one cheque, cost of bankers cheque at la caixa was 0.05% !!! Luckily I had someone with me who new the bank manager and that was halved, what a complete rip off for a few minutes work in my opinion.
I am sure other costs will start popping up lol.
Thanks for all the advice.
Regards
Jimmy

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:23 am

Congratulations...same as us when we bought..one cheque.. :thumbup: