Gotele finish

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
tinak
Tourist

Gotele finish

Postby tinak » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:42 am

Hi - does anyone on here have any experience of applying the above please? We have used fina capa in our kitchen and utility and are really happy with that, but are thinking of a gotele finish for the rest of the house - one of the reasons is that we have some fairly long runs of walls and as its just the 2 of us - me labouring, husband applying - we don't want to end up with cold joints showing. The house currently has gotele on the walls and we will be stripping back to stone and re-rendering in most cases because so much of it has blown through one reason or another, then once that is done and cured, we'll apply a finish. All thoughts and suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gotele finish

Postby olive » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:00 pm

That is the sprayed on plaster finish that looks a bit like wood chip when painted?

Never seen it done. Presumably you can hire the kit.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gotele finish

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:24 pm

We had local painters in to freshen up the walls - they used a compressor and a tank and basically sprayed on a mix of paint and yeso. They covered three floors in a day, including masking off. Much easier than trying to do it yourself, plus you will not have the kit!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.