II INFORMATIVE DAY FOR FOREIGN RESIDENTS - MIJAS

In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
andalucia
Site Admin

II INFORMATIVE DAY FOR FOREIGN RESIDENTS - MIJAS

Postby andalucia » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:43 pm

II INFORMATIVE DAY FOR FOREIGN RESIDENTS
20TH APRIL 2007 11:00 am – 5:30 pm.
CIO – LA CALA – MIJAS COSTA

DO I NEED A RESIDENCE CARD WITH THE NEW LAW? HOW LONG WILL THE CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE THAT THEY NOW ISSUE BE VALID FOR AND HOW DO I OBTAIN IT? AM I ELIGIBLE FOR SPANISH HEALTH CARE WITH MY EUROPEAN HEALTH CARD? HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A DOCTOR? IS MY MEDICINE FREE OF CHARGE? HOW DOES THE NEW CAPITAL GAINS SAVINGS TAX AFFECT ME?

THESE AND MANY OTHER QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED DURING THE INFORMATIVE TALKS THAT WILL TAKE PLACE DURING THE II INFORMATIVE DAY FOR FOREIGN RESIDENTS IN THE C.I.O. CENTRE IN LA CALA ON THE 20TH OF APRIL.

The day will begin with registration of the guests at 11:00 am. After the presentation of the event, the first talk will begin at 11:45 with three very important guests. Maribel Garcia Lozano, from the National Social Security office will be present to inform us about the Spanish Social Security System with information about who is eligible; how to obtain coverage; what forms we need etc…. The second guest will be Maria de la O Moreno Perez from the Las Lagunas Health Centre – which is where all the actual health care is given. She will talk about how to obtain a doctor or include your children or spouse on your health card; how the European Health Card works and if you can obtain medical prescriptions with this card. The other guest speaker for this talk is Jose Ordoñez Olalla from the National Police Station in Fuengirola who is going to explain all about the new Royal Decree that regulates residence permits for EU members – he will talk all the if, when, who, how and where of the new Law. Legal writer, David Searl, will be present to translate, and coordinate the interventions of the three speakers.

The second talk will be about Financial Services for European Citizens and will be given by financial experts from the Unicaja Bank.

After this talk, all the assistants will be able to enjoy a gourmet cocktail lunch prepared by the “Jardin de la Cala” Restaurant which will be served in the gardens of the Hotel.

During the afternoon, the talk will be given by Manuel Ubeda Castañeda, and David Searl who will give a brief explanation on “Taxes in Spain” and then concentrate on the New Capital Gains and Savings Tax.

To end the day the Department has organised the viewing of the film “Mijas in the 50’s” and the Jardin de la Cala Restaurant will raffle 3 “eight-course meals for 2” to all the assistants.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COMING TO THE EVENT, YOU HAVE TO RESERVE BEFOREHAND AT THE MIJAS FOREIGN DEPARTMENT: TEL 952 58 90 10, FAX 952 58 90 11 OR EMAIL [email protected] AND PAY A PARTICIPATION FEE OF 15 EUROS BEFORE THE 15TH OF APRIL.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:30 pm

Sounds like a bargain, Mijas is one of the better ayuntamientos.