Parcel from Spain to UK

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alisonb
Resident

Parcel from Spain to UK

Postby alisonb » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Has anyone heard of a company called ecoparcel.eu? I've just looked at their website and to send a 20 Kg box from Spain to UK is quoted at 17 euros, including 500 euros insurance. They claim 96 hours delivery. From UK to Spain,they are quoting same price, or 18 euros if you want quicker delivery. Looks too good to be true! If anyone has tried them, does it work?
AlisonB

crazyred
Resident

Re: Parcel from Spain to UK

Postby crazyred » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm trying them this week so will let you know how it goes. They operate like space fillers. They have partners who are other courier services and fill up any empty spaces on their vans.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:19 am

I have a few parcels I have to get over here so please pass on any info good or bad Crazyred.

Mhic.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Courier is now booked and should be being collected from me tomorrow. Unfortunately, they can't specify a time so hubby has to stay in tomorrow (altogether now, ahhhhhhh!! :lol: ).
They send you a label and a consignment note as PDF attachments which you then print off.

To be continued......

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Package was picked up at 12pm today so luckily, hubby didn't have his whole day wasted. The courier company found our address without getting lost and having to ring us, which has actually filled me with confidence as that has never happened before :shock:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Which courier company collected the parcel?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Chrono Expres

pentaqua-new
Resident

Postby pentaqua-new » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm

How many days did you have to wait before you managed to find a quote from ecoparcel? I've been clicking on for last 24 hours and nothing available UK to Spain.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 pm

I just put some details in from UK to Spain and got 2 quotes.
My package should hopefully be at it's destination tomorrow or Weds at the latest...

pentaqua-new
Resident

Postby pentaqua-new » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

crazyred wrote:I just put some details in from UK to Spain and got 2 quotes.
My package should hopefully be at it's destination tomorrow or Weds at the latest...
Feel a right prat - was keying in the dimensions in mm instead of cm. No wonder they wouldn't quote on a 3.5m parcel! All sorted in the end. Now we await collection from UK and delivery.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Woo hoo!!! Package has arrived safe & sound in London. Intact, no breakages (and there was a glass jar in there) and arrived on the day they said it would. I'm pleased and will now continue to use them. I think that when you get the quote on their website that you have to add on IVA. Still cheap though!! :thumbup:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Crazy,can you give me an idea of what weight the package was and what price you paid please?

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi PP,

The package weighed just under 1.5kg, measured 30x20x10cms and cost €11.33 :D

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:09 am

That was good wasnt it!
Ill bear them in mind in future if i have any parcels to ship,seems a far better price than the Spanish p.office,and safer.

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm

I hadn't heard of Ecoparcel until I read this thread, and I used them this week with positive results. Ordered last Thursday, collected from the Midlands on Friday, delivered in Spain yesterday (Wednesday).

13kg box (full of Screwfix goodies!) cost 18€. Parcel Force price was £50. I will use them again.

Interestingly, they are a Netherlands based company, and the "affiliate" who organized my shipment was Lithuanian.

Thank you AlisonB.

McT
Last edited by McT on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 pm

McT wrote: 13kg box (full of Screwfix goodies!) cost 18€.

McT
Did they collect direct from Screwfix?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 pm

No, I had the order sent to a relative. Interesting thought though.

I have also recently bought some shower enclosures from eBay in the UK. These I had sent directly to an international shipping company, who have now received them and they'll be on a truck leaving the UK on Sunday. (That's the plan, anyway!) So it is possible to get stuff shipped to Spain from suppliers who don't deliver internationally, without using an address in the UK. However, it is a little unnerving relying on a third party to accept and sign for your order.

McT

pentaqua-new
Resident

Postby pentaqua-new » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:47 pm

What a brill., inexpensive service.

Picked up pm last Wednesday in nthe UK, arrived this morning. Left at the local bank, which is no problem for us - none of the major courier services ever get to us even though we're 800m off the main road.

If you want a "proper tracking service" i.e. to know exactly where your parecl is at any given time, then this isn't the service for you, but I can live with that.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:50 am

We used this firm for two parcels they were collected from my brothers home on Monday and delivered to us in Periana yesterday. Really can't complain about delivery or the price which was the best quote by far. One of the parcels contained my mum's china much of which is in pieces despite the box being clearly label fragile it looked like it had been thrown from pillar to post. The china was not particularly expensive but it was my mum’s. Waiting to hear what they have to say about it.
Mhic.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 pm

In their FAQ section of their website:

Q:What kind of shipments you deliver?
A:Mainly we deliver all kind (standard) of parcels and shipments from 1kg up to 10.000 kg. Parcels from 1 kg upto 50 kg must be packed properly to be handled by mechanical sorting conveyors. Shipments over 50 kg must be packed on pallet as you get one label ONLY.

This would dissuade me from sending anything breakable unless it was REALLY well wrapped but, let us know how you get on.