Endesa scam

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
ashtondav
Resident

Endesa scam

Postby ashtondav » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Have I been the subject of a scam. When I now login to endesa I can't see any past or present bills.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Endesa scam

Postby gerryh » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:44 pm

I just checked using https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/home.html and all OK for me.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi ashtondav,
Scam.....more like a problem with their site................ :(

"I can't see my list of bills. Is there a problem?

This may be a temporary issue with the Online Office. Please try again later. If the problem persists, get in touch with us through our Customer Service Channels."

As Gerry points out working for him............. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:58 pm

There is a scam going round and I know someone here who fell for it. We only found out because they said their bill was a lot larger than usual so they downloaded the "invoice" even though they thought they had failed to register some months ago. Here is the Endesa email warning of it "
Comunicado urgente: Avisos falsos de factura de Endesa

> Si no puedes leer correctamente este mensaje, por favor pulsa aquí
Endesa

Estimado cliente:

Se ha detectado una campaña fraudulenta simulando avisos de factura de Endesa que invitan a descargarse la factura. Una vez abierto el mail, si haces "clic", enlazas a una página con código malicioso ("virus") que bloquea los archivos personales de los usuarios de ordenadores.

Desde Endesa te recomendamos no hacer clic en los enlaces de ningún eMail de factura que no cumpla que el remitente sea "Endesa Online" [email protected].

Estamos realizando las acciones pertinentes contra estos ataques informáticos.
Te mantendremos informado de cualquier cambio relevante sobre este asunto.

Gracias por confiar en nosotros
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi,
As pointed out on A.com and many other security sites, NEVER click on a email link , always type the URL to any accounts in Manually.

Suggest you run CCleaner and Then Malwarebytes (do a custom scan so you check all your drives)

CCleaner can be found here...........

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Malwarebytes............follow through the Free links.......

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

You should already have the above Programs on Your system.............as you're an old time Member of A.com............. wrist slap if you haven't.

:D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:41 am

Yes I've got both of those on my PC but what about my ipad?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:13 am

Look in the app store for security apps

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi,
As pointed out on A.com and many other security sites, NEVER click on a email link , always type the URL to any accounts in Manually.

:D
The problem with this particular email was that it didn't have a false link, it actually had an attachment which purported to be your latest Endesa invoice and looked like it was coming from Endesa. Our friends were caught out but their ant-virus program prevented them from opening the attachment. These people can disguise who the actual sender is, but if you hover over the sender you can usually see that it is not who it is supposed to be.

I get loads from Paypal and various banks, all of which just get deleted. It is, of course, very important not to click on links in emails and again if you hover over the link you can very often see that it not what it appears.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:16 pm

ashtondav wrote:Yes I've got both of those on my PC but what about my ipad?
I wouldn't worry about it. Theses scams are targeting Windows PCs. Apple products are rarely affected.

I don't bother with anti virus or malware programs on my iMac.

Sid