Gun Laws

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
nigel_t
Andalucia.com Amigo

Gun Laws

Postby nigel_t » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:50 am

Just a general enquiry about gun laws in Spain.

Permits, hunting, hand guns, rifles, shotguns etc etc

Plus, we have a friend coming over next year who loves shooting fluffy bunnies etc

What will they need, permission wise, to shoot half of the wildlife in Andalucia?

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:11 pm

Is he proposing to bring his own gun over here with him or purchasing one in Spain.
I can only speak for airweapons, rifles and pistols. To purchase you have to show your passport and details are taken. You are then given a permit which you have to register with the local town hall of your place of residence. As for permits to shoot, I could not say as I use mine to keep those ratons at bay down in our own orchard.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

cannydanny

Re: Gun Laws

Postby cannydanny » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:45 pm

He will need a European firearms certificate, isued from the same office where his current firearms certificate has been issued from, you can't get a firearms certificate issued in Spain unless you're resident.
The Efp will allow him to bring a hunting rifle or shotgun or both on the same permit.
He has to do this before he comes here, and he will need permission from the airline company in order to bring it as luggage (in the baggage hold) and the Guardia civil before he's allowed to handle it in Spain,
It's a complicated process and unless he's a member of a respected gunclub he'll find it difficult, as far as handguns are concerned he has more chance of winning the lotto.
If he manages to clear all these hurdles (I suggest he starts the process now, as it can take six months) then he will need further permission in order to hunt, there are only certain species you can hunt, and only in certain areas and only at certain times of the year, just to muddy the waters different provinces have different rules, good luck with it, gotta go now I've a plane to catch!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:17 pm

There is some more info at http://www.wfsa.net/Intl_Leg/Leg_Spain.htm

Sid

nigel_t
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nigel_t » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:44 am

Thanks for the info.

Guess he will be leaving his gun at home and borrowing a pea shooter from one of the neighbours kids!!!
Wish I Was Horse Riding