Civil Partnership-recognised as living together officially

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Civil Partnership-recognised as living together officially

Postby olive » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:36 pm

First off I did a search on the subject and couldn't find it!

I do recall that there was a thread on this a few weeks back but as usual I couldn't find it and gave up due to my incredibly slow Internet connection.

As I understand it under Spanish Law(maybe even EU law) that opposite sex or even same sex couples living together can make an official, declaration somewhere and somehow to register their situation.

Now I could see that being useful where a partner is working and paying Autonomos and thus qualifying for Spanish Health - a dependent partner would then also qualify in the same way that a"married person" would.
There may also be other implications e.g. wills, tax and so on.

Has anyone done this? How and where do you do it? Replies or PM's would be appreciated.

olive

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:58 pm

I have heard that it varies from Ayuntamiento to Ayuntamiento, some recognise them and some don't.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:57 am

You can find all the info you need on line in Spanish... google with...parejas de hecho... Ley parejas de hecho or Registro parejas de hecho.. you can then translate if needed on line. i think basicly you have to sign a document at the notery and then register this at the Registro where you live...but your local town hall will inform you too.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:17 pm

We just went to the local town hall and we both signed a special form and collected a new padron a few weeks later with both our names registered on it. No notary involved at all.
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"

johnwp
Andalucia.com Amigo

civil union

Postby johnwp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:04 am

I have checked via British Consul on the topic of Civil Union, in Spain its Marriage either man/women or same sex.

You can register at your local town hall to get married appears to take anything from 6 to 12 months.

Legal status as with all marriage's applies, with regard to EU laws not all EU countries recognize same sex marriage or civil unions between same sex ie eastern European and countries less enlightened.

If you still have address in UK easier to register there as it takes 16 days from registering to signing.