Unbelievable

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Unbelievable

Postby GerryFelch » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Just read and re-read this article. I seriously cannot get my head around it! Don't know what to make of it without offending anyone :crazy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Unbelievable

Postby biribiri » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:55 pm

What I can't believe is more than 200 gullible people have raised over 4 grand in 6 hrs for this couple.
The "poor victims" who have had more cash slip through their hands than most folks can only dream of. :crazy:

ps Wonder how much the DM paid them?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:19 pm

More holes in that story than a sieve. Everytime I read the news these days there is someone begging, same on TV ads. I think the world has gone crazy.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:38 pm

I am with all of the previous posters, check out her very expensive handbag, Radley if I'm not mistaken (I think, because my missus has a couple and they aint cheap !)

GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GerryFelch » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm glad i'm not alone, I was flabbergasted when I read it. The figures just dont add up, well come to think of it none of it does. They must know someone at the DM to get this published. Its just glorified begging . It appears they blew their money simply by trying to keep up with the Jones's and now the gullible public are giving them cash to do it all again. Makes my blood boil.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Yes, the DM and the go fund me site has a lot to answer or. Most donations come from little gullible old ladies. I am all for genuine cases but over 90% are just spongers and scammers. Like the Batman guy recently that everyone fell for. Dressed as Batman for his terminally ill son, put it on YouTube and by coincidence set up a go fund me account at the same time. Wanted £10,000 for further treatment for his son....crank treatment of course. Bet he got much more by playing on people's emotions. Don't get me started about ones wanting to go to Disneyland :silent: no they don't, most of the kids are feeling ill....their family does. :twisted:

GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GerryFelch » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Its now really unbelievable, now raised nearly 10k....madness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -stay.html

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Yes,something not quite right here.
Did the DM go out and find them?
OR,
Did they go out and find the DM?
I know what I think.

Whatever, the general rule is .....don't give any money to scroungers.

GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GerryFelch » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Won't take them long to blow it, a meal at the Wolseley, a few new Ralph Lauren cravats for him and some Jimmy Choo's and Spa treatment for her...done. But then another DM fundraiser in a few months...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:56 pm

The caca has hit the fan. Claims that the couple run a B&B called Heathrow cottages. Fund now closed. Other claims the man was once a Journalist. Don't know who is correct but I just wonder how the DM got hold of the story in the first place :shock: perhaps the DM should take responsibility for publishing these begging websites every week :think:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:50 pm

I must admit my first thought was 'how do they expect to be able to carry on with this, now their faces have been splashed all over the media?' :? :wink:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Even after deducting their outstanding loan payment & storage costs, they still have an income of over €1000 per month. Why don't they just jump on the next Ryanair flight over to Spain? There's plenty of expats living here on less quite happily. Or even better - if Greece exits the euro, go there and be drachma millionaires!
Joking aside, if they can't stretch to £900/month rent in Poole, there are cheaper places to live in the UK. It's not like they have family ties keeping them there anyway. There's so much wrong with this story - not least of which is the fact that 476 people actually appear to have donated to their cause. Unbelievable. :evil:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Looking at a pic of her she's still got a fistfull of rings,and he's better dressed than me!

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 pm

It just doesn't add up, I think they've been rumbled?

http://www.newstatesman.com/martin-robb ... od-be-true

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Definitely rumbled. :clap:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Good find Tango :thumbup: was all a pack of lies. They will have provided the Mail with the story and as often happens it is printed almost word for word by churnalists without any checking. Anyone with half a brain could see it didn't add up except the media.

Wonder how long it will be before there is another sob story with a link to go fund me :twisted:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:11 pm

It would be a travesty if they get to keep the £10k....they should set Mazher Mahmod on them lol :thumbup: I really am astounded that the public fell for it and donated as it was so obviously a complete crock

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:31 pm

katy wrote: Wonder how long it will be before there is another sob story with a link to go fund me :twisted:
Without wanting to name names, there was one a couple of weeks ago on the front page of The Olive Press, with a GoFundMe campaign associated. Hot topic in my local cafe, as the protagonist is well known around here. Happy to report that said fund has so far only raised £40 - probably donated by TOP for the story!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 pm

I think I know who that is :twisted:

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:14 pm

I just had a look katy,went to O.Press site and searched gofundme and it came up.
If there was a case like the recent attack on Alan Barnes in UK would the Spanish community have responded in the same way.?Are they a charitable people in cases like this?