Peg Away............

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Unicorn
Resident

Peg Away............

Postby Unicorn » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi

I recently extended my terrace and so, for the first time ever, started hanging washing on a line.

A dark peg mystery has unfolded They seem to disappear at random but sometimes half a peg will be found woefully lying on the floor, with or without its little bit of metal. I am high up so no crime of theft could have been committed. And I doubt the seagulls are interested.

I found a similar occurrence with socks and the tumble-dryer. A whole pair wold never go missing, just one of the pair.

Are these phenomena related? :twisted:

Trooperman
Resident

Re: Peg Away............

Postby Trooperman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:04 pm

....and conspiracy theories abound......there is a group of anti-terrace builders and anti-air drying militants, allied to tumble dryer luddites, who have the destruction of life - as we know it - paramount in their opposition to any form of clothes drying..... :evil: :evil:
nil illegitimum carborundum

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Are the dark pegs poorer quality and breaking in two .... pinging away off your terrace, never to be seen again? The fact that you sometimes find half a peg would seem to indicate that they are breaking in half and perhaps flying off into the wide blue yonder.

From my own experience of broken and missing pegs and much investigation, I have come to the conclusion that this incidence is not related to the mystery of the missing sock in the tumble dryer, which I believe is related to the eternal question of the missing sock in the washing machine :lol: :wink: .

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:46 am

If the pegs are of the plastic variety they become very brittle if used in strong sunlight (especially the darker ones), maybe a good gust of wind blowing through your smalls was enough to cause them to flap around and put too much stress on the weakened pegs? :D

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:11 am

The problem is that the line is under the level of the terrace so a bid for freedom would mean they have to well, basically, jump, over the edge to gain freedom.

But are they joining up with the socks for a big onslaught?

Are wooden pegs better, and basically more reliable, in the longterm? :crazy: