Forum Upgrade

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
avellana
Resident

Re: Forum Upgrade

Postby avellana » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:27 pm

I
karandjon wrote:
chrissiehope wrote:Oh yes, another thing.....

If a thread has more than one page, the symbol is currently to the far right of the heading, so is easily missed if you normally click the thread title. This means you are wasting time & download space by opening a page you have already read !!

Can we please have the 2 page symbol at the immediate beginning or end of the thread header where it is clearly visible ?
I agree entirely Chrissie! I click on the thread title as i don´t see the page 2 symbol until too late, thus wasting mb´s! I agree it should be next to the thread title!
I agree with you!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:14 pm

This colour scheme is much easier on the eye, but there are some headers and other text that need tweaking (ie yellow on white or cream and black on dark green are very difficult to read !)

I await other alterations with interest !!!
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:48 pm

None of the links in this line work now:

User Control Panel (1 new message) • View your posts FAQ • Search • Members • Logout [ Beachcomber ]

Colour scheme and layout is an improvement, though.

Edit: Just checked again and they do work but the hotspots are below the words in a very narrow line.
Let's go Brandon!

louise225
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby louise225 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Yippee the green is back.. :D

Could the white on yellow, and yellow on yellow be changed though e.g. when in this screen (i.e. writing a post) or after you have submitted a message and you get the options to return or view your last message. I didn't realise they were there!

Thanks
Louise

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:23 pm

Oh, GREEN...serene...it's improving... Tab titles are getting back to normal....keep tweaking :P XXX

Robano
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Robano » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 pm

I was just in pm view and couldn't read the yellow text!!
Robano
Now living, relaxing and passing the time Cornwall for a while - very often thinking of the Axarquia and its mountains.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:12 pm

green is more like home..yippeee,this is much better. :D

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:28 pm

Yayy!!! the green is back!!! aren´t we always being told to become more "green"?!!! :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Beachcomber wrote:None of the links in this line work now:

User Control Panel (1 new message) • View your posts FAQ • Search • Members • Logout [ Beachcomber ]

Colour scheme and layout is an improvement, though.

Edit: Just checked again and they do work but the hotspots are below the words in a very narrow line.
None of the links work for me....not a hotspot to be found!

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Hillybilly. i have had to have a very steady hand to find the hotspot!!! it is very very sensitive! not user friendly! I almost gave up! :x
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Hillybilly, the hotspot is just below the word that the link refers to. It is only about 1 millimetre deep.
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:56 pm

The colour for the "Quote" box now needs to be changed as it is the same as the grey post panel and does not now stand out. Also, as others have said, the yellow text on fawn background is virtually impossible to read.
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Beachcomber wrote:The colour for the "Quote" box now needs to be changed as it is virtually the same as the grey post panel and does not now stand out. Also, as others have said, the yellow text on fawn background is virtually impossible to read.
See what I mean?
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's go Brandon!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:12 pm

I cannot get user control panel to do anything, it does not even light up......I really dislike this new forum layout, glad the colours are improving but its much harder to connect to different parts of the forum and seems a cheap imitation of the previous one......

As for friends and foes section, what is this and how does it work? What is it for?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Do we have to stick with the "jump to" menu format for changing to other sections of the forum? It was much better the way it was before on the old site, can we not get something else closer to that please?

If we have to stick with it could it at least be placed higher up on the page rather than having to hunt down the bottom for it....this new layout really is not very easy to navigate and even allowing for it being new and different it just feels like a hassle.....the other one was much more user friendly.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 am

Jool, try putting the cursor over the words 'Control Panel' then move it down the screen very, very slowly. There is a point just under the word where you will encounter the hotspot. As I said before, it is only about one millimetre deep.

It just needs admin to change the co-ordinates for the hotspot in this line and it should work properly.

Click on 'Board Index' to see all of the sections instead of using the 'Jump to' menu.
Let's go Brandon!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 am

Colours are much improved, thank you .... but cannot see the yellow writing on yellow that appears eg "Topic review" on this reply page, and when you log in "forgotten password" etc, which I think has already been mentioned. No doubt these little glitches will be ironed out. At least reading the forum is now much easier on the eye (although I am still scrolling up and down a lot to see the posts).

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:50 am

Yes, it is better now, getting used to it. Seems deserted though on content. Hardly any visitors either.

ron
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ron » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Don't like the format. On my laptop I got lots of green and not a lot of content. Too much scrolin.
YELLOW on WHITE background (smilies) :!: And FAQ YELLOW on WHITE Image

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:54 am

I've still failed to get the user control panel to work (just cannot find those hotspots!) and am still having to login every time I return to the site.
There is still yellow font that needs to be changed to something more visible e.g. in the "viewing profile" for members e.g. "add friend/foe", "search users posts" etc.
When there is a multipaged thread, I personally think that the numbered pages symbol should be much closer to (beside?) the thread topic title...I keep "missing" it where it is over on the right and consequently end up reading the thread from scratch again and thinking I'm going mad!