Forum Upgrade

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Forum Upgrade

Postby katy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:48 am

I like it now I am used to it. Happy not to mess with the URLs

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:30 pm

When browsing the active topics page, I click on the lowest unread (red) one & go to that thread. When I've read it, I use the 'back' button to go to the active topics again. When I used to use IE, the topic I'd just read would now be showing as read and I moved up to the next unread, and so on. Since using Firefox, and also since the upgrade, the only way to see what I have actually read is to refresh the page.
Similarly, if I post something, it doesn't show on the active topics list (it used to move that thread to the top too, as the latest post made) unless refreshed.

Is there any possibility of getting this changed ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:46 pm

The only "problem", as far as I am concerned, with the upgrade is the lack of smileys.
I am now very careful in how a word a response and avoid jokey answers as I can't put the appropriate smiley on the post.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Gerry, use full reply not quick :wtf: :wave: :thumbdown: :think: :silent: :shifty: :yawn: :angel: :clap: :crazy: :eh: :cry: etc.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:55 pm

OOPS! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Thank you all for your help

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 02, 2016 11:25 pm

There have been recently been some instances of members inadvertently reporting posts with comments which indicate that it is a reply to a previous post rather than a complaint. This seems to be caused by the fact that the 'report post' icon, which is an exclamation mark, is being clicked instead of the 'quote post' icon which is next to it.

In making this error Sid and I get a 'reported post' notification and, more importantly, the member's post does not appear in the thread.
Let's go Brandon!

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 pm

I have noticed that when I have topic notifications turned on, I get three emails each time someone replies to the thread.
Three identical emails notifying of the same solitary post! This has been going on for some time, probably since the forum upgrade.