Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Easyjet

Postby katy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:34 pm

I wonder if the Airlines will receive financial help. Thought Virgin had a bit of a cheek asking. Read two different figures of major shareholders but both average at 20% owned by Virgin, 34% Delta Airways, the rest KLM(Dutch) and Air France. Yet Branson is always pushing it as British. Managed to get Heathrow and Airbus to support him with letters but most of the fleet is Boeing!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:56 pm

I think this could be looked at from a different perspective. Their cash flow has dried up. Hardly anyone is buying flights so no money coming in and at the same time they are being asked to give back millions of Pounds etc. As I see it if they did start to return money and then after giving back maybe 30%, they run out of money and they go bust and then the other 70 percent will get nothing or the credit card companies will be expected to give the refunds, putting pressure onto other sectors.
For most of us, It's money already spent and In normal times we would be without doubt looking for alternatives, paid for with refunds. However, these are not normal times. We can't go anywhere until everything restarts so I have no problem that they hold my money, they have had for over 6 months anyway, for a few months more. The alternatives are far worse.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:33 pm

Virgin have asked for government help. Branson who is one of the biggest share holders lives on an island, has his companies based in tax havens and pays no uk tax. What a cheek he has.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:47 pm

What I said above :D

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Hear BA are still taking bookings for May.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:46 pm

and easyJet

Sampson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sampson » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:34 am

As a long term user and supporter of EasyJet I'm very disappointed by the disgraceful downturn in their standards. But I guess they are desperate to survive.

In 2017 they played a few games in trying to avoid paying a obviously valid compensation claim to me. They sent me a series of goobledegook replies to my emails, each one ignoring the last, by a different person each time, declining the claim with pure gibberish. So I did a recorded delivery letter to their registered office at Luton airport and 14 days letter issued proceedings in the Online Small Claims Court - within a day I received a phone call from an EasyJet solicitor with gushing apologies, seeking my permission to settle immediately with their paying the claim in full plus the court courts etc.

This new ploy is of the same ilk. It is brinkmanship, reliant on Brits being too nice and of course inertia. The Online Small Claims Court is underused. It is very straightforward and to date it's always been successful for me - probably 6 or so cases over as many years.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:37 pm

When an easyjet flight was 6 hours late landing last summer I was expecting a fight. A flight that we were all lined up ready to take (albeit late but not over the specified claim time) was diverted elsewhere due to "an incident on the runway beyond our control" and I was expecting refusal for the 400€ compensation. However, I was amazed when I filled in the online claim form and within seconds I got an email saying that the money was on its way to my bank account.

After that it's been downhill and my OH who has travelled a few times recently has found both the ground and air crew for Easyjet rude and aggressive. I received a simpering email from the CEO yesterday: "I wanted to say thank you for your support and understanding. Please look after yourselves, and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back on board one day soon."

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:52 pm

One problem is how easily the airines lie. We were on a delayed flight with Ryanair and 20 minutes from landing told that there was "an incident on the runway" at Leeds so were diverting to Liverpool. We were then coached across the frozen Pennines to LBA which had finished for the day so all the taxis had gone. Fortunately the on-site cab office was manned and the manager got straight on the phone telling the drivers to come back. A long journey but resolved in the end. No problem getting a full 400 Euros each from Ryanair (used Martin Lewis's website to do the chasing, free) but found out afterwards that Leeds had been closing at 11pm for some time, which Ryanair must have known before our flight from Murcia took off! Why not just tell us that we would be diverted etc before we took off, giving anyone reckoning to meet the flight ample time to drive over?...totally beyond me!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:17 pm

found both the ground and air crew for Easyjet rude and aggressive.
While this may be true for the Aircrew as they will be Easyjet staff, the ground crew are almost certainly not - even though they may well be wearing Easy Uniform.
They will be staff from a handling agent or even the airport itself. It's cheaper.
As they are not direct employees of the Airline then they are, to a certain extent, beyond airline control.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:24 pm

Recieved email from Easyjet saying they are many staff short, self-isolating. They are overwhelmed right now and apologise. That customers are assured that they will get round to replying to everyone. That they will be offering rescheduled flights, vouchers or reimbursement. my sister reckons that she would see what the rescheduling offer looks like. She said that if she takes a reimbursement, the prices might have risen

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Maureen, i think it's hard to speculate one way or another on prices etc...the only thing that is for certain is that this virus isn't going to go away any time soon even with restrictions lifted. How this will effect travel and the people wishing to board a plane is something none of us yet know....Will there be conditions imposed on people traveling until the time comes when infections are at their lowest or non existent who knows! Even if it was business as usual you can bet consumer confidence will have taken a hit, we have already seen the problems of mass numbers trying to get back home and many people won't be happy to travel unless it's completely safe to do so..Not only that...For some, just the thought of having to be seated next to someone will put them off from going anywhere...It will take quite some time for people to regain confidence and i can envisage airlines struggling even more...

Easyjet have already doubled prices for some future dates, maybe this is the start of forward planning... flying with half full planes knowing that demand will be low and the need for keeping in place social distancing...having said that it's all a risk raising prices and hoping people will stump up to pay them, they could well end up with egg on their faces...All speculation of course as no one knows what will happen...
Everything about this virus and the economical and social effect shout's get a refund if you can....That way you are the one in control of your own money and how you wish to use it moving forward.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:54 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... bank#img-1

Hope i managed to copy this link correctly. Easyjet said they would run out of cash by August and the gov loan will put that back to Autumn/ winter

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Easyjet are ok for money if they can get out of the 4.5 Billion £ airbus order that they are committed too. They announced yesterday that they need to get out of that deal or they will run out of cash and today their shares rose 15%.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:17 pm

costakid wrote:Easyjet are ok for money if they can get out of the 4.5 Billion £ airbus order that they are committed too. They announced yesterday that they need to get out of that deal or they will run out of cash and today their shares rose 15%.
https://news.sky.com/story/easyjet-foun ... s-11970245

Shares may have risen but nothing is for certain...Directors refusing a shareholders meeting...

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Disregarding personal preferences of airlines (remember airline and travel companies are not your friends, their sole purpose is to make money) I personally would not make any travel arrangements for the foreseeable future because we simply don't know when this virus will be under control, it could be many months before any of the traditional European destinations are accessible, booking now and then being told at a later date that you can't travel will just add to the misery, just my opinion !

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:01 pm

i agree with all of the above. I think my sister's thinking was that obviously she would not travel for perhaps many months. Should she risk rescheduling for months away at the guaranteed present price of £55 which she paid many months ago. Or take the £55 and take her chances that it won't have risen to £155 or more when she goes to rebook. It's a thought

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi Maureen, I don't know if the price of £55 is guaranteed, they are allowing people to move their flight to a new rescheduled date free of admin fees but i'm sure you pay the difference if the new date is being sold at a higher price. It's quite confusing but i'm sure she will figure out what she wishes to do. :wave:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm

No one can predict with absolute certainty when the air routes will be open again, they therefore cannot guarantee to honour their contract !