Car Insurance

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jwsp
Tourist

Car Insurance

Postby jwsp » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Anyone heard of Easy Insurance in Alicante?

http://www.easycover.net

They are offering a very very cheap quote on a new 4x4 but refuse to send details in hard copy. Apparently, when companies do this, most people take it (the quote) to the bigger guys who match the quote.

Thanks.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:16 pm

they've just called me back... bettering my zurich insurance by over 350€ !!! and for better cover ??? how the hell...makes me feel ripped off with what i paid this year :shock: :shock:

jwsp
Tourist

Postby jwsp » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:33 am

Sounds very similar to me. They are over 50% cheaper on a quote than 6 other companies.....

If it sounds too good to be true springs to mind....

martin-easy

EasyInsurance Alicante

Postby martin-easy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:52 am

Hello there,
I was delighted to see that my company, EasyInsurance, is being talked about even down on the costa del sol (an area I particularly love and would change for tomorrow!). I felt the need to clarify a few things, specially after jwsp's comments, that I can quite understand. If you dont know or haven't heard of someone or something before you would be inclined to think that its too good to be true!
EasyInsurance is an agent for Reale seguros. Reale seguros is an Italian-Hispano company, who have not long bought out a Dutch company called Aegon. Reale have given me a super policy which is tailor made for the expat market, bettering nearly all other rivals in price, cover and the policy docs. are in English.
I am sorry I have had to contact you in this way, and please do not think I am merely trying to promote my company, on the contrary, I want to make myself available for any questions or concerns you might have regarding my company or Insurance in general.
I look forward to your comments.
Kind Regards,
Martin Doyle.

Kind Regards

Heston
Resident

car insurance

Postby Heston » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 am

I have just requested a house insurance quote its got to be better than what some of the jokers here have quoted!!!

jwsp
Tourist

Postby jwsp » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:32 pm

Well thats clarified that then :D

Given the amount of rouges and scams around, you must forgive my skepticism Martin. Now that I have the Company details, as opposed to broker details, I will do some checking and as long as thats all okay then rest assured you will get my business.

Its about time someone gave these local boys a boot in the behind. I wish you luck with your business.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:02 pm

ditto that mate my beady eye is watching this thread in anticipation. :D :D :D

i shall be passing my insurance to this company as well the quote i got was fantastic.

EVERYONE PUT THE NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE OR PC IN CASE THEY MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEAR !! :shock: :shock:

Heston
Resident

car insurance

Postby Heston » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Just a quick update...they have just quoted me 310euros less for my buildings and content insurance only thing is there office shuts at 5pm so i will be taking them up on it tomorrow!

J Cooke
Andalucia.com Amigo

Car insurance

Postby J Cooke » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:40 pm

I contacted my Insurance company Linea direct as I had lost my Certificate they sent me a copy no problem, but they also said to me that with my certificate I need to keep a copy of my bank statement to prove to the police if they stop me that I have paid the insurance company for the cover. Is this correct and if it is I hope it helps in this country that can be hard on people who just don't know.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Re: Car insurance

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:00 pm

yes, you have to carry proof of payment. i dont, and i've been stopped. and they dont care..

hmmm

different rules every day :D

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:41 am

has anyone got insurance with this company yet ? i want to know if they are "for real" and actually give the prices they quote, i dont want to annoy my insurers if i'm gonna have to go back to them !!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:09 pm

spanish_lad wrote:has anyone got insurance with this company yet ? i want to know if they are "for real" and actually give the prices they quote, i dont want to annoy my insurers if i'm gonna have to go back to them !!
Irrespective of whether they are "real" or not and the same for their prices - the only way to judge an insurance company is their record of paying out when you claim - not how much they charge.

The question you should ask is "has anyone claimed from them?"

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:37 pm

Good question but do you honestly think they would say no if claims had failed. They have been around a few years and a Google search doesn't turn up any nasty comments.

Anybody a member of a forum in the Alicante area as well? Perhaps they could ask!

olive

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:53 pm

well thats a good question i guess. has anyone had a payout from this company ? martin-easy, i know you'll probably tell us that loads of people have an that ... but can we call any of your customers up ??

martin-easy

Postby martin-easy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Hello there again, I couldn't help but laugh at the recent comments, I do apologise!
It would seem that a lot of people have been burnt or mislead in the past.
I would just like to clarify that we are for real and that we actually exist, (unlike the direct telephone companies, we actually talk like normal human beings!) and if anybody is passing by Torrevieja, please look us up and we could have a coffee (or something stronger.)
Now I am not going to waffle on and say how wonderful we are and how all of our clients are content. I would be lying if I said that all of our client were happy from the outcome of a claim. There is NO way that you can keep everybody happy when dealing with Joe public, specially in Insurance!
Insurance policies are not idiot proof, (oh but I didn't realise I had left my front door open when I went out for 4 hours to do the shopping.) Insurance policies are not meant to be a lucrative business, ( yes mate, I have had 3 Rolex watches nicked, 4 plasma tv's and my old grandmothers jewelery nicked as well.)
And finally (I could go on and on!), Insurance policies should be correctly taken out from the start with the correct information. You cannot insure your contents for 20.000 euros and really have 35.000. You are under insured and you will be paid out only a smaller proportion.
At the end of the day, Insurance companies are private concerns, and they do not like paying out money willy nilly. If you have an honest claim, you will be happy with the outcome. We are proactive and all claims are dealt with on-line and in real time to ensure that claims are settled as quickly as possible.
If you are an idiot, out to make a quick buck or do not give the correct information when taking out a policy, you stand the risk of falling into the unhappy client category.
All the best,
Martin Doyle.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:04 pm

Martin, sounds good.

I will definately be checking you out when we get to Spain :P

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:46 pm

Just for info: I found that my insurance was due for renewal today - no letter from broker telling me this, or advising renewal premium (local office handling Zurich policies). Rang easyinsure for quote - paid 670€ last year, they quoted me 526€ for same/better cover, emailed them the docs and they sent me policy details and copy of Visa receipt straight back, so am covered by them from midnight.
good service so far - hope never to need to find out what they are like for a claim!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:57 am

so they were alot cheaper then pete. i think i'll be going with them next year unless my local broker ("the insurance centre, coin") can beat 350€ then i'll stay.. but if not then i'm off faster than a fast thing :D :D

viv
Tourist

Postby viv » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:38 pm

We have a car and scooter insured with ABBEYGATE. We phoned EASYCOVER for a quote. They quoted 50% more for the car and and 385 euro for the scooter, third party only. Abbeygate only want 300 euro for full comp. and recovery. You guys should try ABBEYGATE. :x

Heston
Resident

insurance

Postby Heston » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:54 pm

Yes I took out my house insurance with them 300pus euros cheaper than an other company..my car is due next month and i will defo be using them my current company have put it up 200euros from last year ( I havnt had an accident or anything!)
All the paperwork came a few days after the phone call..so far well pleased.