One more sleep/few questions

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Campo Kenny

One more sleep/few questions

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:18 pm

One more sleep and we're back in Andalucia.......I'm dosing on my rescue remedy as I type. :oops: and feel all wobbly.

A few questions!

1) Will I come back with a bronzy?

2) Is it warm enough/comfortable enough to dine outside in the evening on terrace?

3) How do I get from Parking sur on to the motorway east without having to drive all the way into sodding Torremolinos?.....I've been told I can, but since the airport work haven't sussed it.

4) Should I get broadband installed over there to keep in touch with you guys? :oops:

5) Should I take me coat?

As an aside, Mrs. asked me to get some Euros this morning..........she called before and said "have you got them and how many did you get". I said "500" :oops:

I could hear her voice drop and she said "why's that then"............I explained it was to solve an argument that raged on here a few weeks back about living for a month on 500e and I wanted to try it it.

She said "Well that's clever, It's a good job I've got some out myself then, you owe 550e to the car park as soon as your @rse hits Spanish soil"......... :oops:

Back to travel agents I suppose :cry: ...........she's no sense of adventure. :wink:

Kenny

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:32 pm

Today it is overcast, raining and cold....You might be rusty rather than bronzed on your return...You might also need your 'flak' jacket and stab proof vest..... :wink:

Colinm
Resident

Re: One more sleep/few questions

Postby Colinm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:42 pm

enjoy the trip Kenny. I'm not out until 18th April, so I'm dog jealous!
colin

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Get your coat Kenny :wink: Sure you will have a great time anyway :)

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 pm

Well if it's like that on Wednesday I'm off to Morocco for few days, it was scorching in Spain last April. I'll get warm anyway burning up all the grape trailers if it stays like that.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:47 pm

Cheers Katy thanks for that :wink: .........It's always the way, I was walking around Southport in a Tee shirt this morning, watch it be freezing for the next month over there now :cry:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:48 pm

1) not a chance in hell.

2) no

3) where is parking sur?? i thought that was behind macro / toys are us? in which case instead of heading out towards the n340 head inland and go past all the rest of the parking places, you'll get to a roundabout, take a left there and you end up in the cargo area, follow the signs for "llegadas" and you'll get to arrivals, circumnavigating the roadworks and the dreaded torremilinos.

4) i'd get dial up - its only 13€ a month. (you need a land line)

5) yes, its raining.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:51 pm

Cheers SL, down to Earth with a bump :cry: ...........I was dreading you answering this as I needed some nice "porkies" to get me in the mood for it :wink: ............You don't do them when it come to Spain do you mate :?: :lol:

Kenny

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:53 pm

Colin.....thanks for that, your turn soon :wink:

Kenny

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:55 pm

1) of course, glorious sunshine :)

2) I'm posting from my laptop while sitting by my pool mate, so dinner should be no problem :)

3) where is parking sur?? i thought that was behind macro / toys are us? in which case instead of heading out towards the n340 head inland and go past all the rest of the parking places, you'll get to a roundabout, take a left there and you end up in the cargo area, follow the signs for "llegadas" and you'll get to arrivals, circumnavigating the roadworks and the dreaded torremilinos.

4) of course you need broadband, where else are you going to get all the useful information from?

5) nar, leave it there, bring another pair of shorts instead :)

right i'm off down the pub for another G&T on the terrace with me mates, then maybe off for a round of golf ;)

:D:D:D

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:57 pm

Now that's more like it :!: :!: , I feel better already :wink:

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:29 pm

Campo Kenny wrote:
As an aside, Mrs. asked me to get some Euros this morning..........she called before and said "have you got them and how many did you get". I said "500"

I could hear her voice drop and she said "why's that then"............I explained it was to solve an argument that raged on here a few weeks back about living for a month on 500e and I wanted to try it it.
Excellent, you can always save any change for next time. :lol:

Have a great time from me and him. 8)

P.S. We're only taking 400€ 'cos it's cheaper on the coast. :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Cheers for that Safe :wink: , I bought a notepad this morning to collect UK reg numbers with no tax :wink: , that should while away a few hours whilst over there :!:

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Don't forget to pack your Marmite and low salt stock cubes. :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:46 pm

I'm taking a bag full of it across. They'll pay silly money for it over there :shock:

Silly question :oops: , what do you do with it :?

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:52 pm

I don't do anything with it I hate the stuff but he likes it on his soldiers.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Next week oi's mostly be 'avin' Miele de campo on my soldiers :wink:

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Another Fast Show fan I see.
You haven't got a gardener called Ted have you?
Anyway here in the sunny Lake District it's "Scorchio!"
No doubt tomorrow it'll be hailstoning, there's still some snow on the 'tops'

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:10 pm

Concorde, Deffo a fast show fan :!: Wish I had Ted out there on the campo. Would save a lot of hassles slithering down the hill on my butt trying to get rid of six months weeds :cry:

Kenny

Out of interest why will it hailstone tomorrow:?: .............I've heard it's going to be blistering :?

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:04 pm

Kenny, what's wrong with Torrie? If it's cold & wet when you arrive, you can always stop off here. I'll get the missus to put on a big pot of Scouse. But if you really want to avoid us, just stay in the right hand lane and follow the signs for Benalmadena. If you see the BMW garage, you've just missed the exit!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.