Disturbing rumours about Coin dump

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Disturbing rumours about Coin dump

Postby Superplonk » Wed May 09, 2007 11:48 am

This being election season, a number of rumours are flying around. The Alternativa Ciudadana party is telling us that the coalition currently in power has agreed to transform the hideous escombrera, which is virtually adjacent to the hermita into a permanent REGIONAL treatment centre for building waste.
Last summer we were told that the site would be closed and landscaped within months. The lorries speed down the narrow access lane past my house twelve hours a day, six days a week, chewing up the road surface and throwing up huge clouds of dust as they pass. As the Virgen is now in residence at the hermita for Romeria season my fellow citizens of Coin on their pilgrimage up the hill will be able to experience the problem as they are pinned to the hedges by speeding juggernauts.

I have been unable to confirm what I am now being told. Has anyone heard anything about this?

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Wed May 09, 2007 2:00 pm

Yea I've used that road mate them trucks do not slow down for anyone its very frightening when you come round a corner and there's one flying along at the speed they travel at I'm curious as to how many accidents there have been along there?
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu May 10, 2007 7:24 pm

back to the subject.. wheres a moderator when u need one.. christ, if i'd posted this it would have been erased in seconds :roll:

so the coin dump ?? (where is it anyways? )