how do i get one of these new residency certificates then??

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

how do i get one of these new residency certificates then??

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:32 pm

is it the closest national police station or is it a per town type affair? can it be done in alhaurin el grande?

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:16 pm

My place is in Sabinillas but I would normally have to go to the Police Station in Estepona.
However I needed one PDQ along with an NIE number for my wife as when we bought only one person needed an NIE number.
I didn't have time to wait 10 to 15 days as per normal so paid a lawyer to get one for me (it broke my heart at first). Everything done and dusted in 3hours from start to finish so I was much happier.
The lawyer invited me (on paper) to live at his house. I got my residencia in Algeciras then next day went to Estepona and filed a change of address.
Cost 400 euros for something which if I had the time would have been next to nothing but in my circumstances well worth it.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi Spanish Lad

National Police Station - check with your nearest one what you will need to bring. Different police stations = different requirements.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:59 pm

For Alhaurín el Grande it's Fuengirola.

I went to a certain police station recently with someone. As well as passport and application form which is all that is legally required, they wanted photographs, padrón certificate and a bank statement.

I had, however, gone prepared with a copy of the law governing the issue of these certificates which I produced and insisted that they accept the application with just the form with the passport and a copy.

The clerk, after some consultation with someone in a back room, reluctantly did so and I then pushed my luck by stating that we were going nowhere until the certificate was issued there and then as is also stated in the law.

I got exactly what I wanted and we walked away with the certificate but I don't recommend this course of action unless you have a reasonable command of the language, feel in a particularly bloody-minded mood and don't mind ending up in a police cell if it all gets a bit out of hand!

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:06 pm

Nice One ! :D Respect for paving the way, which is exactly what you have done. I will tell you how I get on in my neck of the woods......this should prove interesting :shock:

Steve Day

Postby Steve Day » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:27 am

I went to Estepona National Police station yesterday to get a certificate. They gave me two forms. One asked for a payment of 6,70€ to be made in a bank and the other was the registration form. They asked for a copy of my passport.

Having paid this in the local bank it then took 5 minutes to sort out and print the registration certificate at the police station.

I went late in the morning. I have heard that there are queues earlier on as people are used to this process taking a long time and everybody tries to get there early.

The new certificate states that it is not an identification document so I presume that only a passport can be used as identification now rather than the residencia card which used to be accepted.

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:06 am

As you say Steve it shouldn't be difficult. I went through a lawyer because I just couldn't take the risk of a delay. I was happy with the outcome and the costs.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:38 am

I think the early certificates did not even show the holder's NIE but more recently issued ones now do so.

Hopefully the certificate, in conjunction with an expired residence card or a Spanish driving licence, will suffice as proof of identity.

The law provides for a charge for issue of the certificate but the cost must not exceed that which a Spaniard pays for the renewal of a passport.

My wife went with someone to Torremolinos police station yesterday. The application was processed with just his passport, a copy, the application form and proof of payment of the administration fee. The certificate was ready about half an hour later.

MANDERS
Andalucia.com Amigo

New Residencia laws

Postby MANDERS » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:03 pm

I wonder if anyone out there knows what the new rules are in Cordoba province? Do I have to go up to Cordoba or can I just use Rute or Lucena? Malaga Province seems easier but I cannot find anyone yet who has tried in Cordoba.

Cheers all

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Does anyone know the national police station for cartama ?

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:30 pm

Manders

According to http://www-org.andalucia.org/modulos.ph ... ternaAtlas
there is a National Police station in Lucena.
Dirección: Plz/ del Mercado, s/n
Teléfono: 957500203

MANDERS
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MANDERS » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:43 pm

Thanks Avellana. Will try there first

Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Superplonk » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:46 am

How about the National Police for Coin? Not another early morning trek to Marbella, is it?

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:12 pm

We asked in Coin town hall recently and were told we had to go to Marbella but as yet haven't got around to it!
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby marchamona » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:16 am

spanish hopes wrote:As you say Steve it shouldn't be difficult. I went through a lawyer because I just couldn't take the risk of a delay. I was happy with the outcome and the costs.
I was under the impression you could only get the residence certificate by going to police 'in person'.

I would be very happy to pay for someone else to do it for me.

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:19 am

If you don't want to go yourself it is apparently cheaper to go through a Gestor :) :) :)
Life is always better with a glass of wine in your hand - and a few bottles in the wine rack !!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:39 am

According to Article 7 of the the Real Decreto 240/2007 the interested party must make the application in person but, hey, who takes any notice of the law in Spain?

patricia
Andalucia Guru

residencia

Postby patricia » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:58 am

Where to you get the Application form in the first place. My Residencia has expired now. Do I just go along. I have seen huge queues outside the office in Torre del Mar!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 am

patricia
Andalucia Guru

residencias

Postby patricia » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:41 am

Thank you Beach - Again :mrgreen: