A slightly different take on an old topic

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

A slightly different take on an old topic

Postby Lavanda » Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 am

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: A slightly different take on an old topic

Postby BENIDORM » Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 am

Lavanda,
Interesting article that..

And of course the same thing has happened in UK,in areas like Lincolnshire where the work has been carried out by migrant workers, now local British are trying to get their work back, however I doubt that they will survive very long..! Dammed hard work for little reward...

Regards,
Gordon

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:18 pm

I think the article is a little misguided or sort of romantic - "Spanish want to return to farm the land".

Most certainly not the case in Canary Islands, where unemployment amongst young people is between 50% and 60%. 28% general population.

The young spanish men do not want to work. Over and over again I hear them say "I'm not working for 1000 euros". They were spoilt in the construction industry and unfortunately Mummy accepts them back into the family home with open arms. Can't say I blame them. She will do their washing, cleaning, cooking and anything else that her little boys require. She will even get an extra job to make ends meet.

So no changes likely.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm

That's fine until the little boy wants regular sex and to do that he'll have to promise to get married. No self-respecting girl here will marry a boy unless he has a job and can provide a house - and not just any house. So, we'll have lots of frustrated Mummy's boys unless Mummy provides that as well!
:shock:

Jim Allen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jim Allen » Mon May 17, 2010 1:18 pm

And if the boys bat on the otherside and they cant buy get a house together then mummy has real problems. :crazy:

Jim Allen

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm

I think a lot of mums like having thier sons stay at home with them, whatever nationality :eh: not me though, as much as I love him :lolno:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon May 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Isn´t that why brothels are seen as ok and spanish vans have curtains Lavanda?? Spanish men are spoilt rotten.......

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon May 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Might be ... we took a friend to a local 'beauty spot' on his first holiday here. Near the area were country lanes littered with used condoms and kleenex. Revolting. Our friend nicknamed the area we live in 'Extremadurex'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm

According to the article many Spaniards DO want those jobs. If it is similar to Almería they prefer to employ immigrants as many are paid only 4 euro per hour and have no employment rights. If they employ Spanish then they would have to pay the minimum wage. As they say in Marbella you can get two Romanians for the price of one Spaniard!