Epic fail MRW and SEUR

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Epic fail MRW and SEUR

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Hope overcoming experience, I ordered a new TP-link extender yesterday, paying extra for next day delivery.
Sadly they have used SEUR, who simply tell me delivery will be Monday....
I have started the battle with Amazon, asking that they refund the difference betwenn 'any time will do' rate and 'next day', and stop offering and charging for something they cannot fulfil....is there a false advertising law here?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:40 pm

Following complaint to Amazon, had their customer services tell me "Seur had wrongly categorised my order...it would be delivered today". 8 pm came and went, so checked Seur tracking which said firstly 'out for delivery' then (surprise surprise) 'unable to access house' at 18.37. As we were in, and had two sets of next door neighbours de-husking almonds in the street outside our front doors, who may have noticed a van pull up this was an outright lie. Further contact with Amazon has resulted in a promise that it would be delivered on Monday, and a full refund of the carriage charges.
We shall see if their promises that things would improve come to fruition...
One thing I cannot stand is being lied to - I would be less unhappy if they (SEUR) had apologised and said they were unable to reach me, rather than just picking a lie from their current range of excuses. I did ask the man from Amazon why they offer a service (next day) which they are patently unable to deliver, that perhaps they do not pay enough for the SEUR man to justify the trip, and why they continue to restrict their business by putting off customers with abysmal service. I did not get much response, strangely. I am tempted to place an order every day for a few days, specifying next day delivery, and give the man from SEUR some practice in finding the house that he has been to at least three times, yet claims to have an insufficient address....

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 am

Good morning peteroldracer,
First you need to chill out not good for the blood pressure.....I don't want to read Ex-TT racer killed by SEUR.......... :(

From reading all the "Courier" posts over the years.........delivery and certainly next day don't get mentioned very often.
I've had some good ones (that's Epic Fails).........SEUR .....six weeks to deliver items from Germany, they sent them back twice from their Jaén Depot....Address unknown. The final delivery in a Dusty pull off 6km from my house .."as we don't deliver to your village"
The most recent ...ASM.........they even have a counter on their site recording the Deliveries made... :crazy:
Tracking my Item,,,,,,,,,,sat "In Depot" for three days before changing to "waiting for Solution".....never "out for delivery".......finally got a delivery after a phone call to them.
When I've spoken to suppliers about the delivery problems............" you could go and collect from Depot "
As most of them in this area run out of Jaén ......160km round trip for me.

So now I ring up check who supplier uses in Spain to deliver ,and if its not Correos, then I have to do a work around............. :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:22 am

Enrique wrote: delivery and certainly next day don't get mentioned very often.
If you have an Amazon "Prime" account (€15pa) you get next day delivery for free on most orders.

We have had next day deliveries with both SEUR and MRW.

Sid

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:29 am

I have used Amazon 'Premium' for a couple of years now and, very often, get Monday delivery for items ordered Saturday or Sunday! Great service and value. It's usually SEUR that Amazon use to our area but sometimes it's MRW.
Brian.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:58 am

Like all things in Andalucia............different areas get different results....I've noted Sid's and others getting good delivery times in the past..........but for me not so............even the ones that did "find" the village years ago now seem to have lost the plot. UPS and DHL to name two.
MRW are OK as they have a depot in town and they phone and I can go in and collect.... :D

PS::Peter what TP-Link extender did order............. :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:32 am

TP-LINK TL-WA860RE. One with enchufe and ethernet outlets, that plugs into the mains socket, with a wired input upstairs from the thingy ( mind gone blank!).
I have had an extender for a couple of years, but it has suddenly stopped giving out a wifi connection - possibly connected with the storms last week.
I cannot be @rsed to look for the receipt and go through all the aggro of activating the 3-year guarantee - not for €26 replacement cost anyway!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 am

Update summary: SEUR site said "insufficient etc" on Monday, email to Amazon, they ring me and email with usual syruppy waffle, promise to refund carriage charge (they did) and get delivery to house Tuesday. I could not receive that day and asked for post-noon on Wednesday. Got email from SEUR promising delivery between 1.30 & 2.30. 2.45 courier rang to say he would be in village at the school in 20 minutes (the village he had claimed he did not know...). 3.15 van pulls up at school - I ask him why he makes every delivery so difficult (order Thurs for next-day, now Weds pm and not at my house? While I had his machine in my hand I asked him to walk with me 3 metres to the corner and pointed out my house (that he had been to before!) only 200 metres away and asked why he would not bring things there. He went various shades of purple and red and said that I lived in the campo ("So what? from me), this was not Madrid or Velez etc etc. Having told him that his contract was to deliver to my door, that I was the client and his job was to deliver to me I took my package, signed his machine and he steamed off.
The subsequent complaint to Amazon has got me all sorts of grovelling, and a 10€ voucher, and a copy of their complaint to SEUR. I have yet to get any feedback as to what SEUR have replied, but I will follow that up tomorrow. I would like to buy a replacement battery for my laptop, would have bought a TENS machine, and will need ink cartridges soon. Needless to say I will not be buying these from Amazon unless and until they can get the courier to do what they are contracted to do, or offer me free delivery to a convenient pick-up point as an option.
All those of you that let them get away with anything other than what they offer on ordering are guilty of letting them continue this sloppy practice.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Well Peter, I have been studying at the Old Racer School of Assertiveness and you will be proud of me. A few days ago I saw an MRW van parked in our village with the driver inside, checking some paperwork. I went up to him, got him to wind down his window and I asked him if he was lost. The conversation went something close to this:

"No! I'm not lost. I'm picking up a delivery and waiting for the client who lives just in this house."
(Points to house across the road.)
"Strange. I had no idea that MRW knew where this village was."
"Why do you say that? I come here every day."
"Really? It's the first time I have ever seen an MRW van in the village and they certainly do not deliver here from Cáceres."
"Ah! Cáceres? Yes. There has been a complete change of personnel in Cáceres. I am from Villanueva. We are a new depot. We service this area and this village. We do deliver here."
" Very interesting. What happened in Cáceres?"
"There were too many problems."
"Complaints?"
"Problems."
"Complaints?"
"Possibly."
"So you DO deliver here from Villanueva? Even with a single CD from Amazon? As often as necessary?"
"Yes!"
"I will test this out over the next few weeks."
"We will deliver."

I'll let you know how the experiments progress BUT that's in the village. The campo may be another country altogether.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Change your name to a Spanish one :)

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:37 pm

I bought a large box fairly fragile from Germany, via Amazon, last week.

Tracking showed it had arrived in Alovera, Spain 12th Dec. Delivery will be Monday via SEUR.

Monday came and went and the screen wasn't updated at all since the 12th. Today it was updated out for delivery.

The chap rang at 4 p.m. to say where could he meet. I suggested the petrol station in a nearby village.

The back of his van looked like ground zero.

So why didn't you deliver yesterday? Ah only go to this village two times a week. Ah which two days I ask for future reference. Depends and varies.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Lavanda - a long way from delivery to your door but at least you got it!
Latest bulletin: I ordered some ink cartridges from Amazon, unfortunately a 'partner' rather than Amazon themselves so could not get delivery to a drop-off point. The vendor despatched via - you've guessed it, SEUR! Usual lies and deviations followed with the vendor trying their best to get the things here, but SEUR even gave him non-existent email addresses and contact phone numbers to pass on to me...eventually there was no other option but for the goods to be returned and my money refunded.
Ordered similar from a non-Amazon supplier who used normal mail, goods safely arrived at Correos Comares.
Next, ordered spare part from UK supplier, delivery unspecified...was notified it would be DRM or something so breathed a sigh of relief and clicked on their tracking...."goods fulfilled by SEUR" Arrrrrrrgh!!
By sheer coincidence we were returning home a few days later, the day before the delivery was promised, and noticed a big white van following us down into the village. We pulled up at the village school where the buzons are and watched....the driver got out and proceeded to carry out a handover to a Spanish customer, proudly displaying his SEUR sweater. Rather than wait until the next day just to see if he would have delivered I buckled and went over and got my parcel from the great heap rolling round in the back. Whether the gillipollas would have come back the next day to the village he claims not to locate and the casa he refuses to deliver to?
I ordered more things on Saturday for delivery to a drop-off point in Torre del Mar, due Friday, just had email saying they are there waiting for me.....I dare not risk things for SWMBO not getting here before Xmas 2016!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Just received an email from SEUR saying a parcel will arrive tomorrow. It came last week.
Top marks to UPS. Text message and if I'm not in, they leave a note saying where in the village they have left it.
Dave

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Behind the wheels bin? In it? At the Fuente?

Actually with a bit of tweaking it could work with better communication. Text message to say it is in the pick up zone etc. Canada was going down the road of having banks of mail boxes in Central points in towns and deliveries a couple of times a week. The new government have changed tack to delivery to every address and same price whether it is within town or the other end of the country.

I sometimes tell the guy to leave it at the petrol station. They never ask for I'd and sometimes have a choice of parcels to take from!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Mowser wrote:Just received an email from SEUR saying a parcel will arrive tomorrow. It came last week.
Top marks to UPS. Text message and if I'm not in, they leave a note saying where in the village they have left it.
Leica dealer in Madrid handed SEUR a small parcel at 12:00 today. Delivered 17:58 today.
Leica dealer in Vienna handed UPS a small packet a week ago. I have an email saying it will be delivered today but at 19:20 I somehow doubt it. They have failed before.
Brian.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Battling one's way through the lies and laziness of courier companies, where a rural address is involved, is something too many of us have put up with for far too long.

These courier companies are contracted by the major senders (Amazon, in particular) for delivery to the address of the customer. They are not contracted to do anything else.

The ONLY way to get this racket stopped is for us, the customers, to complain EVERY TIME a delivery fails to be made, and excuses or inactivity emerge. Tackling the courier companies is not the way to do it.

Amazon and others will quickly get extremely annoyed if they have to spend time and money sorting out endless non-deliveries, and things will change.

Making local "arrangements" and workarounds is really tempting, simply to get the goods, but it only prolongs the widespread agony.

Once upon a time, our house was reached only along 3km of rough and sometimes impassable dirt track. It is now concrete and tarmac virtually all the way, allowing even seriously heavy trucks good access. No excuses any more, and anyway, it's time the courier companies simply invested in some basic GPS; customers would, I'm sure, provide the necessary coordinates.

The cherry-picking by these companies has to stop.
Chris

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Agreed. Always complain but also always compliment good service. I sent an email to SEUR and Fotocasion thanking them for exceptional service.
Brian.

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Had a strange one today. Seur sent an email yesterday advising me of a delivery today, fine.
At midday today a receive another email saying "the carrier attempted a delivery today and has left a note to advise of you action to take".

Having been in all today to that point my fuse was about to blow, definitely no attempt and obviously no advise note.
I was just in the process of putting together my complaint email to be backed up with a phone call when, hola! Seur arrived with my parcel :crazy:

What's that about?

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:37 am

Following on from my earlier post: UPS redeemed themselves today with a Saturday morning delivery. Not clear if it was as a result of my dissatisfaction email to them or not.
Brian.

Berliner89
Tourist

Postby Berliner89 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:24 pm

From my experience in Spain, both personal and in one of my jobs, I can say that working with these logistic companies can be a real disappointment, especially as their customer service is quite poor. From what I have seen, UPS tengs to be the most reliable of them all, but of couse we can't control which company retailers such as Amazon work with.

I've moved to Germany a while ago and, to be honest, here the situation is not much easier. I had problems with both a UPS and a DHL delivery recently, and also for a delivery from a few months ago, the DHL lost my package and I'm still dhasing them to get some compensation from them...