Repsol Agent

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
axarquian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Repsol Agent

Postby axarquian » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:01 pm

I need to have the rubber hoses that connect the gas cylinders to the pipework replaced and a certificate issued. Does anyone know who is authorised to do this in the Velez Malaga/Vinuela area ?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Re: Repsol Agent

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:07 pm

I don't know about the certificate but you can buy the hose in any ferreteria, often cut to your desired length, and fit it yourself.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Funnily enough, I have just received my official Repsol 5 yearly inspection letter.

I had the local gas installer round tonight as a boiler had packed up. He had a quick look around the installations and said all were OK except an issue with one chimney and a piece in the gas line that needs to be soldered rather than compression fit. I asked him about the date stamped orange pipes and he said that is included in the set fee (60 euros he thought for the property). On top of that he described the vehicle and the person (and where they come from) that will do the job after I return the paperwork to Madrid. It will be the same person that turned up unannounced five years ago!

Are your rubber pipes older than five years? If you never took out a gas bottle contract it could be that you aren't on their 5 yearly radar.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Our rubber pipes are 14 years old. They seem fine.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:59 am

Just changed mine last week.
Total cost including a new regulator, 80cm of rubber date stamped pipe, plus 2 new jubilee clips was
8 euros 26c.
Took me all of 5 mins to fit.
One good tip I was given was to place the ends of the new pipe in a glass of hot water to soften whilst you remove the old one, otherwise it's a struggle to push it on to the connections.
Once fitted check for leaks by using a mix of washing up liquid & a little water smeared around either end watching for any bubbles.
Last edited by biribiri on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:02 am

sorry duplicate post