Walking Group in Coin, Cartama area

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Craig Jamieson
Tourist

Walking Group in Coin, Cartama area

Postby Craig Jamieson » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:55 pm

While driving between Villa Franco and Coin this week I saw a walking group. Is there a group in this area? P.S Won't need to use that road again, new road is open!! Only been 9 years in the making. :clap:

Craig Jamieson
Tourist

Re: Walking Group in Coin, Cartama area

Postby Craig Jamieson » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:14 am

Hi, since last post, if anyone is interested. There are two groups in Fuengirola, The Field Group being one of them. There are also walks every Sat and Sun from Mijas Pueblo arranged by the Tourist office. And its also worth checking out Descubre Guias De Sur who have regular organised walks in Malaga. CJ.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Walking Group in Coin, Cartama area

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:07 am

I hope the groups are made up of Spanish walkers plus an international mix of others keen to walk. The advantages of walking with Spanish people is that they usually know the best local tracks and all about the trees, bushes, flowers, mushrooms, lichen and everything else. Walking with Spaniards improves the speaking and listening of the language without really trying and that is lovely. The disadvantage is that they make such a racket that listening to bird song becomes impossible and all the rabbits run away long before you get to them. I write from experience as I've been walking with the local group here for just over eight years now. I'm the only 'foreigner' and a female on my own as my OH doesn't walk and it's a great way to make friends. :lol: :lol: :lol: