Pool Renovation

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Craig Jamieson
Tourist

Pool Renovation

Postby Craig Jamieson » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:16 pm

We had a liner pool. Basically a plastic sheet. We emptied the pool a few years ago as we simply weren't getting out here enough and it was a waste of money to maintain and run it. Now we are retiring and hope to renovate and reinstate said pool. However, I thought I would check with a Gestor to see if we could reform it with tiles. She questioned the legality of the pool. It is mentioned in our Escratura of 2005 as a liner pool but not on the Licencia de Primera Ocupacion. It is not mentioned at all on the Licencia. She is telling me that if the pool was there before 2003 (a protection order was placed on the area in 2003) then it would be fine. We have found an aerial photograph from 2001 but now she is saying it will only be legal if it was there 4 years before this date. Does this sound feasible or am I getting the runaround here? I doubt the pool was here in 1999 as the house was built in 2000. She also informs me that even if were legal we need a license to do the reform. I am really after any thoughts. What can they do if its not legal? What happens if I just crack on and do it? Frustrated, Casillas De Diaz.