Where to find

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Hollyhock

Where to find

Postby Hollyhock » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:35 pm

We live in Alameda and don't have a car. I have looked online at Amazon to buy 3 things, electric blanket, wall electric heater and electric fly killers, but they are very expensive. As we are new to Spain, can anyone tell me where we can order these things from? Is there anywhere near us or in Malaga to get them delivered?

Also, is there a supplier of English tea bags, sauces etc who deliver direct?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Where to find

Postby olive » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Presumably you get about by bus.

In Antequera there is a large supermarket Eroski in the shopping Centre . You might be able to look at some of those electrical items to check quality, cost to compare with online items. I haven't been for some time but they used to have a foreign foods section.

I do know that Mercadona further up the road towards the centre sells tea bags. One UK brand -Tetley I believe. They also do some sauces that you would buy in the UK. E.g. Tomato ketchup.

There is or was an English goods shop in Mollina. A web search would confirm that. I don't think any deliver but maybe an Internet search would throw something up.

There is a weekly market at Saydo Hotel with English goods available if you can get there.

Hollyhock

Postby Hollyhock » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks Olive

I have heard about Carrefour but can't get on their website to find out where they are and what they sell, if any of the things we need.

Is there really no alternative mail order companies apart from Am---n, who charge almost the same as the goods in P & P?

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:52 pm

You could try your local ferreteria for electric blankets,they normally have a little magazine instore in which you will find many products including electric blankets,we purchased ours from these and its very good.You may also find the other two products you are looking for also,they often have smaller stores in your town or village high street.We have purchased many items from ebay,though you will have to check your postage.Hippercor and Eroski also sell some of these items,i am afraid you have to sometimes shop around in Spain to find what your are looking for.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Hollyhock wrote:Am---n, who charge almost the same as the goods in P & P?
Not if you order from Amazon Spain. The maximum postage is €2.99 per order.

Sid

Hollyhock

Postby Hollyhock » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will look into the places you all suggest.

Berliner89
Tourist

Postby Berliner89 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi! You could also check Leroy Merlin.
The closer to you I think are in Malaga or Cordoba, but you can also order online.
They have a great selection on things, including heaters: http://www.leroymerlin.es/productos/calefaccion.html and their products are good quality at decent prices.

Hollyhock

Postby Hollyhock » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Thanks Berliner89

I shall look at Leroy Merlin online as we don't yet have a car!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Hollyhock wrote:I have heard about Carrefour but can't get on their website to find out where they are and what they sell, if any of the things we need.

www.carrefour.es ?

If you cant really get out of the town, then the ferreterias (hardware shops, translate what you need on google before you go) will have what you are looking for, or if you would like to buy second hand, there is always "buy sell swap antequera" on facebook (english), or www.milanuncios.es (spanish), or www.segundamano.es (spanish)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi Hollyhock,
Put in your Post code and get location of your nearest stores...............29530 ... :?:

http://www.carrefour.es/tiendas-carrefo ... e-tiendas/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.