90 day rule

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Manchesteral
Resident

Re: 90 day rule

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Ok, having read the preceding posts can someone clarify as I really don't know the answer, can I spend 182 days in Grand Canaria in one period, without declaring my status ??

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:56 am

You can stay for 90 days in any 180 period . So during 6 months of the year you can only spend 90 days here.

So i guess if you stay for 90 days in the first 6 months of the year. Then in the second 6 months of the year you can spend another 90 days :crazy:

Either way you cant stay for more than 90 days regardless (i think) !!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am

This is now getting very confusing. Are we talking about the current situation or the Brexit deal situation or the no deal situation? It seems that we have a mixture of all the possibilities.

The current rules allow you to stay for most of the year so long as you don't spend more than 90 days in one go. Schengen rules for non EU visitors allow 90 days in 180 days.

With a Brexit deal it is entirely possible that the old rules will apply. The EU has already said that visas will not be needed. With a no deal, then it is more likely that the Schengen rules would apply.

Also, none of this has anything to do with tax. The 183 day rule will continue to apply as they are Spanish rules, not EU rules and apply to everyone.

The OP asked about the situation after Brexit. Also no one including TM knows what is going to happen. This thread is getting to be pointless and confusing.

I am closing this thread. Further discussions concerning life after Brexit should be posted in the correct section, which is the thread in the Amigo's Lounge.

Sid