Certificado non residente

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Certificado non residente

Postby Screagle » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:05 pm

Although I've not noticed any bank charges for the last couple of years, at least since 1st October 2017, relating to "certificado non residente" I was wondering how I could present this status confirmation to my bank in order to avoid their usurious charges for obtaining the same? Any suggestions or explanations gratefully received!

Saludos

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Certificado non residente

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:04 am

You can get it at the Policia Nacional or at the extranajero office. The same places you obtain an NIE.

You need your passport and a form EX15. Also bring proof of your NIE. Also proof of why you need it.

Usual caveats apply that the funcinario can change their mind or make up their own rules.

Their is also a certificate that you can get from Hacienda via the online system if you have a digital certificate...but not sure if banks accept them

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Certificado de no residente

Postby Screagle » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Many thanks, Paddy - think I'll swing by my bank when I'm next in town and ask them when they will be expecting me to present the certificados. As two will be required I'll make enquiries at the Spanish Consulate in London to avoid a trip to the main Jerez police station (and leaving my passport behind as I did last time!).

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:08 am

I thought i would add an input of my experience of the certificado non residente.I received a letter in Uk from Bankia regarding the certificado, with the letter was a form of declaration..All i had to do was either add my passport details or nie number, address of residence which is Uk, then sign..I could have posted the form back but because we were coming to Spain i brought it with me.Hubby did not receive a letter regarding the certificado and mentioned it while at the bank ( just in case it came when we got home) they got him to fill out his declaration while we were there...All done..This was the first time in 6 yrs that i have had to deal with this...The bank have not taken any money from our account.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. It prompted me to check my emails and in January 2018 we were asked to drop into our local branch to complete tax residence declaration forms, "Para todo esto, le rogamos que acuda a su sucursal habitual para actualizar la información que le podría identificar como residente fiscal en un país distinto a España", but there was no mention of the certificado just a declaración de residencia fiscal. Having said that the data requested was the same you referenced so perhaps they serve the same purpose?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Screagle, i have no idea if they do serve the same purpose...

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 pm

My bank, La Caixa have never discussed it with me, but I have seen a charge go through for my wife and I, think from memory every two years.

But then, La Caixa like a charge !

anyroads

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:40 am

We were summoned to Cajamar to renew my OH's certificate of fiscal residency (we are residents) and told that the rules have changed and it is no longer necessary to renew.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.