electrician for small repair job in Benalmadena

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: electrician for small repair job in Benalmadena

Postby qe2ex » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 am

qe2ex wrote:Thanks, I did that and somebody came out and fixed it. They did a decent job, but were too expensive for me to recommend myself. Mainly I got miffed about them wanting EUR 25 to deliver "when they happen to pass by for other work nearby" a couple of small fuses that are necessary, and which I imagine cost a max of 2-3 EUR altogether. Told them there was no rush, just deliver it when it's convenient for them, and since I already paid them EUR 200 for the work itself (quite a bit on the high side that too, IMO), trying to charge me an extra EUR 20 to deliver some fuses when they pass by anyway was a bit rude I though.

Ordered the fuses myself via ebay, as I have no idea where to find stuff like this here myself. Even with the EUR 4 in shipping charges from the seller in UK, it comes out to 1/4 of what these guys wanted.
Ended up ordering a slightly wrong length (fuse container too long), so had to go look for it again. Turned out it was quite easy to find at an electrics shop. Cost was 20 cent per fuse, 40 cents for two. If anyone would like to buy the same for EUR 25 from some British electricians after paying through the nose for other related work, you may google LIT electricians. ;-)