Completing a Declaration of Tax Residence

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
LawTheo

Completing a Declaration of Tax Residence

Postby LawTheo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Hello,

Can you help?

I have a form from Bankia that is clear overall but I cannot understand the declaration in Spanish or English on the first page

We don't live permanently in Spain, we do have a property and a Spanish bank account.

I really don't know which boxes to tick. By the way neither did my Bankia bank manager!

The key section is here.... (I can't attach a file - keep getting an error)

The undersigned, hereby declare on my honour that:
El abajo firmante declara, bajo su responsabilidad
- I am a tax resident of the country or territory indicated above
Ser residente fiscal en el país o territorio arriba indicado
- The account does not correspond to a permanent establishment in Spain (in the case of accounts; article 28.7 RGAT(1))
Que la cuenta no corresponde a un establecimiento permanente en España (para el supuesto de cuentas; art. 28.7 RGAT(1))
This declaration is made for the purpose of applying (mark with an X as appropriate):
Esta declaración se presenta a los efectos de aplicar (marque con una X lo que proceda)

Exemption from notifying the tax identification number (NIF) during transactions with credit institutions (article 28 RGAT)
La excepción de comunicar el NIF en las operaciones con entidades de crédito (art. 28 RGAT)
Allowable exemptions:
Supuestos de excepción:

• Change of currency or purchase of travellers cheques for less than 3000 Euros (article 28.2) ……………...……
Cambio de moneda o compra de cheques de viaje por importe inferior a 3.000 euros (artículo 28.2) (TICK BOX)

• Assets, liabilities or securities (article 28.7) ……………………………………………………...……………
Cuentas de activo, de pasivo o de valores (artículo 28.7) (TICK BOX)

• Cheque holders in the events of Additional Provision 6.3 Law 58/2003, Spanish General Tax Law (article 28.8).…
Tomadores o tenedores de cheques, en los supuestos de la D. A. Sexta.3 Ley 58/2003, LGT (artículo 28.8) (TICK BOX)

Exemption from withholding obligation on income on accounts of non-resident referred to by Article 14.1.f) RP Law IRNR
La excepción a la obligación de retener sobre los rendimientos de las cuentas de no residentes del artículo 14.1.f) TR Ley IRNR
(Additional provision one of the Order EHA/3202/2008, of 31 October)……………………...…………...…. (TICK BOX)
(D.A. primera de la Orden EHA/3202/2008, de 31 de octubre)

Any advice gratefully received.

PB

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Completing a Declaration of Tax Residence

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 pm

good evening PB

Have a look at the link below. If you scroll down the page, you will see an example of a form to be filled in. I do not know if it is similar to the one you have received. You can enlarge the form by clicking on it.

https://www.talkquesada.com/taxes-in-sp ... t2192.html

Good luck

David

LawTheo

Postby LawTheo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Hello David,

My thanks for the reply.

The declaration is quite different from the one highlighted in your link.

I have asked the administrators of this site how to enable an attachment for you and others to see.

This might make the ambiguity easier to understand.

Regards,

Peter

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi,
Looks like you can only Attach .jpg files to your message. I've tried .pdf and get error.

So take a Picture of your form and use the Attachments tab when posting.............. :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.