Free to view satelite receivers.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:13 pm

From what I have discovered on a technical forum which I subscribe to the claims that a dish of 75cm will receive Astra 2D in Southern Spain are somewhat exaggerated and the price of the system considerably over-inflated.

It would be interesting to know if anyone here has managed it.

Curato kid, all of the Astra 2 satellites are co-located in the same orbital slot and although they are about 100 km apart this should make very little difference to the alignment of the dish. If you can receive 2A but not 2D it is probably simply because the dish isn't big enough. The only other adjustment you could try is the skew of the LNB.

Sorry, Patricia I don't know what else to suggest. Hopefully someone else can come up with some information.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Satellite TV components

Postby olive » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:27 pm

I see this thread rumbling along some time.

I am, I guess at the same stage as Curato . i.e. 75 cm dish and (Metronics) box plus now superfit from up and down ladders. I can receive Sky News,CNN, Men and Motors, Teachers channel, some travel and shopping channels and about 60 scrambled Sky channels e.g. Paramount comedy. I would like a few more channels e.g. BBC1,ITV, CH4 and so on for occasional viewing.

I think my next step is a 1.2 metre dish. Anyone know where I can buy one for self install preferably near or in Granada or possibly Loja?

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:36 pm

Sunny Boy did you buy your dish in the UK or did you buy it in Spain if so would you let me know where you bought it please :lol:

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:01 am

Would it be of any use if I brought a few dishes over or would the £ vs the Euro not make it ideal, just a thought as I see a few are wanting bigger dishes, done a few sats setups in the past in another country.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:39 am

:? If it's any use to anybody, there is a very nice man who sells satellite dishes of all sizes and LNB's and the full monty in between. (I even found colour coded Skart leads there) He is on the road up from the Port in Fuengirola, just in-land from the Horses Head roundabout,on the right hand side going out, all he does is satellites and tv repairs. He has a bit of english and even his competitors use him because he is so knowlegable . For a guide he quoted me €160 for a 1.2metre heavy duty alluminium dish with all the bits, not the wall mounting however as I already had one. Don't know how this compares with anyone elses experiences but I was impressed!

vindaloo1973
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby vindaloo1973 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:52 pm

There is no way that a 75cm dish is going to get any of the BBC/ITV channels. You will need at least a 1.1m dish. I always fit 1.2m and never had a problem with any BBC/ITV channel.
Positive things happen to positive people.