Picture Framers

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Picture Framers

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:56 pm

I need a sampler framed and wonder if anyone has any idea as to where there is a good frame maker who can mount samplers/tapestrys too?

Kahuna
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kahuna » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:48 am

There seems to be a frame maker in even the smallest of towns. They tend to display some of their work in the window or shop. I have passed a number of frame makers in Antequera in the past - so suggest the phone book or local advertising - or even just walk around the town centre - some place close by the Bull Ring I seem to recall.
Kahuna
=======

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:44 pm

We went off to Antequera this morning and found a framer. Not a lot of choice of frames, but he was cheap! Hopefully in a week I will have a nice picture hanging on my wall

olive
Andalucia Guru

Framing & Embroidery etc

Postby olive » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:15 pm

For future reference, there's a really lovely shop in Loja that not only frames cross stitch and tapestry etc (good choice of frames and properly stretches your work), but also has a great selection of goods for all types of handicrafts - cross stitch to modelling to patchwork to painting to .... etc etc. Worth a look.
Olive

olivefarmer
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby olivefarmer » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Olive

Could you give me directions for the craft shop in Loja.

Thanks in advance

Olivefarmer
Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Heading from Granada take the first turn to Loja off the motorway.
When you get to the large roundabout (with fountain) take the first right.
When you get to the second roundabout go straight on. This will take you past the 'Urgencias' (you can just follow signs for the Centro de Salud if it's easier). The shop is on the left as you drop down the hill behind the mini roundabout currently under construction. The easiest place to park is in the sports centre car park next to the health centre (if there's space) or alternatively a little further down is a Sol supermarket. In both cases, cross over the road to the craft shop (which is also virtually next door to an excellent sewing machine repair shop).
Hope you find it ok!

olivefarmer
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby olivefarmer » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:59 pm

Olive

Thanks. I think I know where it is. Certainly know where the new mini roundabout is being built.

Olivefarmer
Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Oliveview, could you give me directions to the framing shop in Antequera please.