LINEKERS Bar in Banus charging entrance ONLY to the Spanish?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:30 am

Dane,
You are right, of course, so many threads posted are turned into personal attacks, nationalistic or otherwise skewed.

Any form of discrimination is abhorrent per se, but it DOES happen :-(
The Lineker's bars are, in my humble opinion, nothing more or less than an opportunity to print money - as the tax fiddle has proved - and must be one of the most flagrant exploitations of a family name that you can find.
Unfortunately, there are enough "brits abroad" who seem to find some comfort in this style of bar to ensure that it remains a goldmine.

On a personal note. it is not for me,...............and I can't think of many Spanish folks I know who would choose to frequent them (other than on a similar basis to visiting a zoo to view the inmates - odd, but strangely satisfying!)

Gus

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:31 am

We used to go to PB a lot but avoided that area of the second line like the plague! Must be our age! :D
Brian.

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:17 pm

Not withstanding my earlier comments, I personally have not set foot in Puerto Banus for several years, although when we're in Elviria my missus will use El Corte Ingles from time to time.
In the early seventies there was some character and sense of style to the place, sadly it's degenerated to another party area where groups of coke dealers hang out, along with the weekend stag party participants and Russian hookers, I'm proud to say I DON'T go to Banus.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:23 pm

I feel the same about Banus, tatty place and tatty people. Do a bit of shopping sometimes, different place in the morning.

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:45 pm

"Tatty place and tatty people" can I add "Tacky" to that, incidentally I've been told that Silks no longer exists, that was a good place, I met the owner once, he was a former jockey :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:31 pm

"Silks" is now in Rio Real but I don't know if its the same guy. Its sort of similar to Nikki beach, expensive and posy all the white double sunbeds at about 70 euros a session.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:58 pm

Rafiki I'm in my thirties and I wouldn't go into any place 2nd line of the port either, very tacky and sleazy place, some of the front line is tacky as well but the biggest turn off for me is having to dodge all the cars, no fun at all and so not relaxing.

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:01 pm

Katy, where is Rio Real please? I spend most of my vacation in Elviria and don't really frequent the beach!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:56 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Rafiki I'm in my thirties and I wouldn't go into any place 2nd line of the port either, very tacky and sleazy place, some of the front line is tacky as well but the biggest turn off for me is having to dodge all the cars, no fun at all and so not relaxing.
I do enjoy walking the sea wall. Much more pleasant. Got some good bird pictures along there:

http://www.rafikiphoto.com/p7602690.html
http://www.rafikiphoto.com/p13889754.html
http://www.rafikiphoto.com/p11104678.html
Brian.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:17 pm

Rio Real is fairly close to Elviria, think its the exit after the Costa del Sol hospital, just before Marbella exit, you can see the old pirates watchtower. Can't go wrong with Elviria though...magic :)