Moroccan Tajin

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Campo Kenny

Moroccan Tajin

Postby Campo Kenny » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:24 am

After our trip to Morocco last year we have been practicing with various traditional Moroccan recipes here in the UK and although I'm usually modest :oops: , we've replicated the flavours of a few dishes to a tee.

We are now looking at flights to get back over to Spain in the near future and I have promised OH I will do her a Moroccan Lamb tajin in the large tajin we purchased in Morocco but due to it's size have left in the Casa.

So far I've only done this dish in our UK stainless pans....................anyone ever successfully used a tajin with the firepot or do you just stick it in the oven.................I can't get my head around how to do a 6 hour slow-cook dish and keep the firepot burning and make sure the chickpeas don't stick :shock:

OH says just cook it in ordinary pan and transfer to tajin to impress friends..............cheat :shock:

Thanks
Kenny

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:30 pm

Get yourself a slow cooker Kenny and pray that there isn't a power cut in the campo half way through cooking. :wink:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:31 pm

Speaking of slow cookers - Have tried, unsuccessfully, to find a shop selling them in Spain.

Has anyone seen them on sale? If so where?

olive

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Sod slow cookers, I want to use me Tajin :oops: :wink: Seriously though a firm does a slow cooker shaped like a Tajin.............what a cop out.

Kenny

Markymark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Tajine

Postby Markymark » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:51 pm

I will ask at my local morrocan restaurant in Alhaurin next time I go in for you...

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:29 pm

Has anyone seen them on sale? If so where?
Never seen them here..but you can find a tajine in a small marrocan shop behind the central market in Malaga. :)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.