Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm

katy wrote:
elusive wrote:Will all the volunteers be tested before they start and will they all be DBS checked? Surprised the goverment isnt or maybe they will work with all the SIA registered security companies and all the staff that have no work now.already DBS checked and trained.As the volunteers are needed because unlike spain and italy they dont have civil protection units. SIA staff are the UK equivalant.

This is all printed money/loans nothing to do with austerity.kinda ironic how during the election labour were critizied for their spending plans then this happens! The banks were bailed out by the tax payer in 08 yet even now when the goverment has called the three months morgage break when people have spoken to their banks they have been told the extra three months added on will be at a higher interest rate!
The UK has a massive voluntary sector structure already in place. Many orgs. With paid professionals and already providing contracted services. Logically new volunteers will be assigned to them. No training needed to drive people to health centres, GPs etc. Infact most places already have community transport, clean licence only. No training to deliver shopping, they are already doing that and do not handle money or enter the house.
Things are not that bad in UK that people are going to spend hours volunteering to jump the supermarket queue.
Yes it does have a large structure but a huge amount of them are people who are in the danger age groups who are supposed to be inside for 12 weeks!. I hardly doubt the goverment or them want to be out and about. Logically it would be a good idea to use the U.K equivalant of the protection civil etc as they dont need to be DBS checked (if the goverment is going to check anyway i dont know) and it will help provide work for a huge majority in the sector who now have none

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Agree Mark it is political advantage. Many Spaniards do think all foreigners receive free health care. Was a survey in Sur a couple of years ago which showed most Andalucians believed it so Vox are just stirring.

Also saw in Olive Press that there has been fines in Motril for people breaking the lock in.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:00 pm

markwilding wrote:
Pamela1 wrote:Article in the Olive Press today, Vox has asked for free healthcare to be removed for non residents during the CV outbreak.
Typical short sightedness from that bunch trying to make political advantage .This virus is not racist and makes no difference between resident or non-residents/ The last thing anyone wants is people with the virus not being isolated or treated or more importantly exposing everyone else to it

How would they feel if the UK did the same?

Elusive, Some things have changed regarding residents rights to health care this year and now I believe now residents have to the right to it .

Taken from this website

http://healthcareinspain.eu/living-in-spain/

If you are not entitled to healthcare through any options listed above in Spain or any from the UK listed below, And you have a permanent residence certificate (green card obtained from the National Police), you may be eligible for healthcare on the basis of residency

(read the Spanish law Real Decreto-ley 16/2012, de 20 de abril for reference on this following link Ref. BOE-A-2012-5403). Please apply for the ‘documento acreditativo del derecho a asistencia sanitaria’ from the INSS. If you are required to present a documento de no exportación (Legislation Letter), you will need to apply for one from the Overseas Healthcare Service (+44 191 218 1999).
Yeah thats been the case for years..but inreality it doesnt happen. Its very difficult to get it even when the law states all legal residents have the right to it. Most INSS refuse you if you arent working. They make up their rules as they go along. even if you have all the paper work its difficult if not impossible for most to get into the system.there was also the made up rule about anyone here pre 2012 could have it and those after couldnt!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:37 pm

I can't be sure if you are correct regarding being refused it or not as my experience has been positive and I've never had problems obtaining healthcare in Spain because I pay social security. However, I have read threads and posts on A. com regarding people's entitlements and until recently just being a resident didn't mean you were able to access it free.

There's loads of information if you Google it.

https://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/3 ... gal-or-not

This has now changed and residents are entitled to it.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:56 pm

The Vox proposal refers to illegal immigrants not 'non-residents'. I am not sure if this is an incompetent mistranslation or deliberate fake news sensationalism from a left wing gutter press rag:

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-03-24/vo ... larma.html

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

markwilding wrote:I can't be sure if you are correct regarding being refused it or not as my experience has been positive and I've never had problems obtaining healthcare in Spain because I pay social security. However, I have read threads and posts on A. com regarding people's entitlements and until recently just being a resident didn't mean you were able to access it free.

There's loads of information if you Google it.

https://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/3 ... gal-or-not

This has now changed and residents are entitled to it.
Yeah sanchez brought the universal health care decree back in when they got elected. Inreality it was already the law but INSS refused to put it into practice. After it came back loads of people were still having trouble getting into the system and been refused as INSS offices claimed to know nothing about it!.andalucia was the first to inforce it and people who were on the convenio were swapped onto universal as the convenio was been stopped as there was no need for it if there was universal healthcare.Time later those incharge at the INSS decided not to inforce it anymore and suddenly large amounts pf people found themselves without any healthcare as their cover had been pulled and the convenio didnt excist in their area anymore. Then some areas started the convenio up again and people were back at square one. :crazy:

Some did get in via the new law but its all abit of a minefield and as always dependent on whos on the other side of the desk.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Didnt take long for some of the local clicky alcoholic brit neigbours to decide to start sharing terraces and wine bottles :? Guess they are getting bored. And a possible visit from the hairdressers when they arent even old!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Beachcomber wrote:The Vox proposal refers to illegal immigrants not 'non-residents'. I am not sure if this is an incompetent mistranslation or deliberate fake news sensationalism from a left wing gutter press rag:

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-03-24/vo ... larma.html
Does it matter, non res/illegal...i thought we were all in this together...Vox are trying to score political points in the most distressing of times and this is of no help to anyone..conniving scheming bleeps.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:41 pm

Would you expect anything else from those type of people ?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Free healthcare or not, what has gone wrong for Spain to be suffering so much having seen how Italy progressed?

This isn’t “a my country is handling the crisis better than yours comment”. I wonder if the various governments have experts modelling and projecting deaths, peaks, cost of actions to GDP versus deaths and the seemingly hit and miss governmental actions are actually the optimum and explain the delay in locking down a country or even what a lockdown looks like for example. I would like to think that is the case.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Madrid should have been locked down like the northern areas of italy.but i guess because it was madrid ala London they didnt want to . The stick they have got for allowing the womens march etc is warranted.

The only way to slow or stop it spreading in the first place was to lock down areas ASAP but then that would take guts/gaul etc etc and the time frame to do it is very small inorder to make a difference.

Also people need to be tested. If people dont know if they have it and arent tested then you dont have the info to then go to the people who were around the positive person who can then be tested and put into isolation if needed. You only have to look at south korea and how they did mass testing and how their figures now compair to italy when at one stage they were far worse

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:15 am

Interesting article depicting how we'll know when we are winning or have ultimately won the War against Coronavirus

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/c ... id-19-when
I So Bella tis you

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:26 pm

So Boris has it. I

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:29 pm

Yeah just seen the news. I guess he can go hang with charles. Hope his G.F doesnt have it

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:49 pm

maybe a PR stunt to gain sympathy/support?!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Interesting no one commented when members of the Spanish government got the virus.

No matter, it is of little import unlike my post on the financial ramifications especially to the Southern EU countries which got scant comment. Hey ho.

Did anyone notice the Chinese are closing their borders even for stranded own nationals?. I can see the same happening in Europe in a few weeks time. Not good news for those of us in exile from their country of habitual residence

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:44 pm

olive wrote: Did anyone notice the Chinese are closing their borders even for stranded own nationals?. I can see the same happening in Europe in a few weeks time. Not good news for those of us in exile from their country of habitual residence
I saw on the TV news last night that parts of China are lifting the lockdown. It showed Beijing which seemed to be business as normal and people were travelling again.

An article in the Daily Telegraph this morning: "Sweden keeps schools and borders open in 'huge experiment' on virus
While much of the world goes into lockdown to stop the disease, in Sweden, life is continuing unchanged - but is it the right approach?" :think: not sure if that's a good idea.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Who knows, Wicksey? We don't actually know anything for sure and there is no way of knowing, for sure, that what we do know is sure, if you see what I mean. It's very difficult to sort anything out in terms of what is real information and what is misinformation and what is guesswork. I'm just washing my hands, wearing gloves when I go out, keeping to the 2 metre rule and isolating 99.9% of the time.

Len S
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Len S » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Comments such as Gavilan's are pathetic! Shame on you.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Len S ... Like Lavanda wrote: We don't actually know anything for sure and there is no way of knowing ...