Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby elusive » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Whether the below kinda answers the question??... from the el pais article i posted further up

A document by the Carlos III public health institute which EL PAÍS has seen took recent civil registry death records and compared them with the average number of deaths in Spain’s regions since 2008, finding significant surges in deaths in Madrid, Castilla-La Mancha and Castilla y León during this month of March. Yet many of those deaths, even when coronavirus symptoms were present, did not get added to the national tally because no formal test was ever conducted on the victims.

Regional governments only notify the Health Ministry about a coronavirus death if the patient was previously tested and the test came back positive, said two health officials at two regional governments. “This leaves out many people who died in residences or in their own homes, and who were never tested,” said one of these sources.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:24 pm

According to to the Instituto Nacional de Estadistica the total number of deaths in Spain for 2018 was 427.721:

https://www.ine.es/dyngs/INEbase/en/ope ... 4735573175

This represents a figure of 1.172 deaths per day. If the Telediario report was correct (and I understood it correctly) this opens up a whole new series of questions but I am not sure what the questions are and I certainly don't know the answers.

Edit: I wrote this before seeing Elusive's post but it does seem to fit in.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Just trying to work out what you are saying Elusive, maybe you can correct me where wrong.

If a patient dies whilst presenting with Covid 19 symptoms, would that death be added to the Corona fatality list or not? If no test was carried out I wonder if they do an after death test? Thanks.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Supermarkets appear to have settled down, odd gaps like tin tomatoes and bleach that's all. If you want to eat cake there is an amazing choice :wink:
Went to Waitrose after 4pm yesterday and was quite shocked to see a normal supply. Some fresh items like strawberries and bread had been reduced. I have a Tesco delivery on Monday. Changed it about 3 times, now only allowed one bleach and one shower shine| Maximum of 80 items now. Limited to 3 bags of cat biscuits. Last week there was no whisky but all stocked now.

Some enterprising pubs have set up shops, seen photos online. Sort of similar to farm shops with a lot of local products.

All the supermarkets are advertising for staff.

https://www.chichester.co.uk/news/peopl ... ic-2503543

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Costakid, does that link to an interactive map and can you confirm its validity from a malware/virus (computer) perspective?
I have used it for a few days and it came from a doctor friend. Anyone I have sent it too has been able to use it without problems. I am on Mac but not all my friends are.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:24 pm

From the start we have been told that Corona virus tends to be fatal with people who have underlying health problem so in effect Coronus virus doesn't actually kill you but complicates other health issues and that is the real cause of death. However in the UK yesterday there were 246 deaths. All but 13 were known to have had underlying health conditions.

I would say it is very difficult to analyse the extent Corona virus has affected the death rates until a proper investigation has been carried out, which cannot happen until we are further down the road.

The article Beachcomber posted is very interesting but it is just an article written by a scientific journalist, not an expert with all the facts and figures at his disposal, who wants to stimulate debate
Last edited by markwilding on Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Mark, I think you have that wrong......all but 13 were known to have underlying health issues. May have been a typo on your part I hope.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Thanks for that.
Edited
It's nice to know someone actually reads my posts :thumbup: .

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:14 pm

You'd get away with murder if someone didn't......you'll kick all the panic buying off again :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:37 pm

I appreciate that RT is not part of, and is even demonised by, the main stream media but that is exactly why it, along with Sputnik, is my main source of information.

This is another thought provoking article and leads to one asking the question 'Why?'

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/484102-raoult- ... treatment/

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:35 pm

But you have to be very careful with its content as well.

A quick google regarding the anti-malaria drug throws up plenty of experts who also insist that we are not at the stage to be using them.

I read a couple but I thought this one was rather more interesting because it develops yours while giving a counter-argument.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ronavirus/

There are good reasons not to take Trump's word simply because he's no expert. I'm more surprised when people question why others are sceptical about anything he's says.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:24 pm

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:32 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Did anyone else watch Telediario at lunchtime today? I am sure they said that the reported deaths in Spain are all deaths that are occurring on a daily basis not just deaths directly attributable to Covid 19.
I didn't see the program, however I think it is unlikely as the overall death rate in Spain is 0.88% per annum or around 400,000 - well over 1000 a day.

EDIT: I see you've already discovered similar figures.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:52 am

elusive wrote:More restrictions on workers

https://english.elpais.com/politics/202 ... rkers.html
Yes, looks like many self employed who have been working will be living on fresh air! unrest comes to mind.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:15 am

Yes, looks like the self employed who have still managed to work will be joining those who haven't and they will all be living on fresh air! unrest comes to mind. Spain needs to do more and help the self employed because in the long run this will end badly for the economy and the Spanish coffers who rely on their taxes. They think they have a problem now with undeclared income, that could be about to get a whole lot worse.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:38 am

interesting article in Guardian this morning
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... oronavirus

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am

Maybe, when this is over we might come to a better idea of how we want to go forward into the future and that might include not eating animals. As most of you know in my occasional rants I never buy anything Made in China if I can possibly, possibly help it. Maybe countries should crank up their industries again, train people in engineering and science and maybe we should all start paying proper prices for what things are really worth and that includes decent wages. So it will be "Adios China". I love that the NHS is getting recognition and applause in the UK but, really, maybe just give all the nurses and the lowly health workers a massive pay rise. However, I doubt that will happen.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:36 pm

The almighty €£$ is more important than that though lavander.. humans never learn.
Last edited by elusive on Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:48 pm

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:42 pm

lavander.. humans never learn

But machines can auto predict :lol: :lol:
Last edited by olive on Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.