Hotel/Restaurante Arco Del Sol

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Hotel/Restaurante Arco Del Sol

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:39 am

We went to a murder/mystery evening last week at the above, and were very impressed - mass-catering BBQ @12.50€ a head - so went last night with friends to see what a 'normal' meal was like.
It is difficult to praise it highly enough, not only for the excellent food, but most of all because of the owner Antonio. Yes, he got a bit confused over a 'tanka de clara con limon', bringing a large beer on its own, but quickly brought a glass of the lemon to enable a self-mix!
We placed our order, then he brought a lovely plate of tomatoes from his own huerta, with garlic, onion, olives and dressing - as a tapa - delicious! We had gambas pil-pil starters, with some tasty bread made by a friend of his, the men had steaks, great taste and cooked to perfection, the ladies chose a pork dish, with pepper sauce, all with our choice of patatas a la pobre or chips, ali-oli, and a garnish of peppers etc. With a bottle of nice white wine, some La Casera, and a very nice Rioja the bill was under 90€.....all served on a terrace with views of the hills and sunset.
He also brought us the most unusual 'chispito' that any of us have been offered!
Downstairs in the hotel are 3 rooms of ceramics - pots, vases, plates etc at the best-value prices I have seen.
Well worth checking out - km 9 on the A-356 road between Casabermeja and Velez-Málaga, near Colmenar. Saturday 24th August there is a music night - piano and girl singer (in English) which promises to be good (booking advised). The Hotel has rooms at 40€ a night for 2, but we have no knowledge of what they are like - only that we know Antonio and his family would make sure you were comfortable.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Hotel/Restaurante Arco Del Sol

Postby katy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:42 pm

I shall be sure to try it if in the area. I rate very highly any good feedback from you :D