Eatery between airport and Las Pedrizas pass

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
olive
Andalucia Guru

Eatery between airport and Las Pedrizas pass

Postby olive » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:50 am

Times I pick someone up from the airport and they(and myself) could do with something to eat and drink but the airport just doesn't appeal on numerous counts.

My standard route is onto the motorway and then inland towards Granada/ Antequera via the Pedrizas pass, then on to Granada direction.

I had big hopes for the place on the right, after the two tunnels,that was recently refurbished but when we tried it it was apparently too late for food. It does do nice coffee and have very clean toilets. We don't want anything extravagant. A pizza or a racione in a clean place(with clean toilets) would be fine. Real coffee in anything other than waxed paper cups

Currently we do about 70 minutes motoring to a dependable place near home.

What do other people do?

By the way, I checked out the Hotel Arco place that Peter recommended at Km9 last night. I will definitely give that a go at a suitable juncture in the future. Nice looking menu, clean toilets but a bit too far off track for this scenario.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Re: Eatery between airport and Las Pedrizas pass

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:05 am

Don't know if it helps or what it is like but a new eatery has opened at the airport. Anyone tried it? The following info from a post made on a different site, thanks ajtg1952.
Malaga born two Michelin Stars chef Dani Garcia has today opened his first Cafe & Tapas restaurant in Andalucia in the check-in area of Terminal 3.

Café & Tapas is open to the general public as well as passengers open from 08:30 to 21:00 and is described as a "deli-bar" offering traditional Spanish tapas with a modern twist.

Plus there is a new ‘take on board’ option where you can take a tasty tapas dish with you to enjoy on the plane packed in specially designed packaging that keeps food warm.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 am

I think Dani Garcias place is after security.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am

Looks like you are right Costakid. Looking at the map on the aena web site it looks like the first thing you hit after security. That makes it no access to non-travellers. Don't know where ajtg got his quote from but it appears to be wrong.

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 pm

We always stop in san jullian just outside the airport (take the leroy merlin exit, ) two resturants there one a pizza place clean and good service normal prices eg: coffee 1 euro.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 pm

We're about 50 minutes from the airport. Whenever we pick up friends or family at the airport we always take a coolbox with juice and/or beer plus a selection of snacks. We would rather get back to the house than stop off enroute. Cheaper as well.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:05 pm

i can also recommend san julian as you enter the village on left there is a place (bar bravo) that does menu del dia, there is also a place on the corner but not as good. also on the road that turns left in the village 50 yards on right there is a sanwich/coffee bar (alonso panaderia) which i use the morning of return flight coffee/sandwich less than €3. both ot these places are always full of locals.
i also know a really good place by the bus station but probably not suitable.

hope this help