Finca wanted to buy

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
tiatula
Tourist

Finca wanted to buy

Postby tiatula » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:42 am

Finca wanted to buy. AEG, Coín or nearby, preferably the Fuengirola side. We have friends looking to buy a finca locally. Minimum of 15000m2 land, condition of house not important but must be habitable with water, waste, electric. They don't mind reforming the interior but not rebuilding the outside. Old house with at least three bedrooms and plenty of outbuildings. Pool or deposit.
The land has to be flat and fenced with decent access and very importantly NO neighbours.......somewhere near a river or with river frontage would be good.
They will pay about €120,000, it must be a legal property with all paperwork in order. We can view most days.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Finca wanted to buy

Postby El Cid » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

Regrettably, you are going to find it very difficult to find a property that matches that spec.

The biggest problem will be finding one with the legal paperwork and even then, building on rustic land can often produce problems later even though the paperwork seems OK.

To all intents and purposes it would be impossible to get planning permission even for a new build now.

Sid

bob
Resident

Re: Finca wanted to buy.

Postby bob » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 am

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:52 am

I know someone who is selling one in coín. 300,000 and a few problems with paperwork if anyones interested :lol:

swerve
Resident

Re: Finca wanted to buy.

Postby swerve » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:59 am

I know property is a bit cheaper at the mo but €120000 that must be giving it away.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:07 am

We have one that matches that spec. but wit a little less land and neighboring farms with houses (and families). Legal vivienda on a separate sub-parcella but it ain't for sale and you couldn't even tempt me at 3 times that price. I think your price is way out you might be lucky at double your budget if you find someone desperate to sell.
There arn't many of them about.
Ann

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 am

Been on kyero and there's parcelas in San pedro de alcantara for €950000 And thats just for 2500m
And it looks just a bare site.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 am

Yes but that's probably Urban building land. It wouldn't be worth a bean if it was rustic.

Near us 1000m2 urban plots are €500k

Sid

tiatula
Tourist

Postby tiatula » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks for all the posts. Have been on Kyero and every other site I can think of. Plenty of houses out there with want we want at the right price but usually have neighbours or mountainous land.
Annfoto, your house doesn't match our spec anyway as it doesn't have the land and has neighbours, so even if it was the right price it wouldn't be suitable for us.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Neighbours are not always a bad thing...it is the isolated houses that seem to be being targetted by rogues round our way - one couple tied up with tie-wraps and threatened with knives until they told the thieves where the valuables were, another luckier ones were at the bottom of their land when thieves robbed their house of jewellery and cash - not covered by insurance because they had not bolted and barred everything before doing a bit of weeding.
Another had a fall and was very lucky a friend called before she had been there more than 2 days, unable to reach a phone or any water...
Beware of having rose-tinted spectacles on about campo life - unless of course it is you that would make the neighbour from hell! :wink:
In a village you may have dogs that bark, but you also have a bread van, a veg van, a couple of other traders that call, so not only do you have a safety net for if the car doesn't start, you also have someone that might just miss you being around...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:08 pm

El Cid wrote:Yes but that's probably Urban building land. It wouldn't be worth a bean if it was rustic.

Near us 1000m2 urban plots are €500k

Sid
That's expensive :o Doubt if they will sell. Relative has had one on sale in one of the best urbanisations in marbella 225,000 including project and all licences. been on sale what seems like forever :lolno:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Peter I agree. Also barking dogs aren't just a problem in villages. Ask anyone in the campo who has weekenders living nearby and keep packs of hunting dogs.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm

One thing about getting older....your hearing begins to dim....thankfully! Katy. You be right!

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I agree with Peter, be careful what you wish for. I am about 8km from the nearest shop or bar which doesn't bother me, it is the fact that I live in a tiny hamlet of about a dozen farms that makes it possible and safe. Our little community is very supportive of each other and are there to help out when things go wrong.
I cannot think where on earth in the area you describe that you could find a flat 4 acre farm with good road access, water, electricity and no neighbors! If it is flat with water it will be in fertile farmland with neighboring farms.
Have you thought this through? A flat field with a river at the foot of it could be quite interesting in the winter. :crazy:
If you are thinking of growing something that you shouldn't bear in mind that even with no neighbors there will be hunters, sheep/goat herders and people are very nosey in the countryside. An English couple tried it near us last year, it ended in prison for one the other was killed when he was out on bail.
Ann

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Tell us a bit more about that couple or supply a link if you can. It may stop others making simillar mistakes. Was it in the sur or ewn.

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:25 pm

It was reported in diariosur.es but I don't think it was in the English papers. The police hushed most of it up, they were rumors that the Maffia were involved :silent:
We deliberately never met them as we were warned off early on by both English & Spanish neighbors that they were bad news :thumbdown:
Ann

tiatula
Tourist

Postby tiatula » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 am

Neighbours are a bad thing.....we happen to want privacy and peace and quiet, not hear next doors children screaming, or people arguing, or being woken at 6am every day by the car next door starting and gates banging. I can find quite a few places that are what we want, with all the services, but most of them are not legal. As for flooding as long as the property is far enough from the river it is not going to really matter.
It seems to me that most of the comments are to put people off moving to Spain.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 am

Tiatula,
All of the forum members who have responded to your requests have been trying to offer you advice based on their experiences, and I would say very sound advice.
I doubt that anyone is trying to put you off moving to Spain, they are just trying to help guide you away from the many pitfalls that can and do happen.
Everyone knows that bad neighbours really can be a nightmare, but from my own experiences I have found that good neighbours have outnumbered the bad ones that I have encountered.
I personally would advise that you revise your plans and take into consideration the advice that has been offered to you previously.

May I wish you success with your planned move and I hope that you will find your idyllic and peaceful location and lifestyle in sunny Spain.

Regards,
Gordon

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Living by a river (even a dry one) in that area is great until it pays a visit under the back door. I remember the tv pics last winter of people being rescued from their roof after the authorities decided to let "a bit" of water out of the reservoirs.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I would not want to put you off moving to Spain, but as Gordon says, those of us who have made the move have learnt from it, and are willing to pass on a few pearls.
It is only like there being a England.com forum, and someone advising against moving to, say, Toxteth...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.